San Miguel relocation services

Hi!  My wife and I are planning a visit to San Miguel in the next few weeks to determine our living arrangement for our retirement.  We've found a few sites on the web that specialize in relocating to this area; are there any in particular that people have used recently that you recommend (or discourage from using)?  We have been to San Miguel multiple times in the past and are looking for help in renting (or potentially buying if the price is right) a home or condo.   So help in understanding pros/cons of various neighborhoods based on our tests is key  Thanks in advance for the help! =)
-Paul

Hi Paul and Damy

How are you doing. I am an expat myself living in beautiful San Miguel.

Regarding renting or buying it really depends on your budget... Renting for a short term is probably a good option while you decide where you want to live.

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please + register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi All!
I have been researching where to go and spend the rest of my time on earth. I am 59 years old. My husband is only 49 and feels he is too young to retire - I say nonsense!
I think SMDA will check off all the boxes for us. He is an artist, so I love that there is a big Arts community there. We are planning to visit in October. From what information I have gathered, we should be able to enjoy and afford a good life there.
I am looking forward to meeting my fellows, because, it doesn't matter where I am if my fellows are not compatible.
Are there suggestions for me in my search?

Thanks you,

Tom

Hi Tom!

This is Mimi, I am an expat myself living in beautiful SMA.
SMA as you know is a small Oasis in the middle of Mexico, it has a big expat population, fantastic restaurants, beautiful streets, art, gastronomy and it's people is friendly and open minded.

Have an excellent week end!

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : free advertising is not allowed + feel free to register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

From what I have read, it is probably best to go through a real estate agent.  Many homes for sale can also be rented, I've been told.  And the agents can offer tips for the area to help you land where you will enjoy it. I will be following the same path but probably not till 2019. Good luck.

Thanks, Mimi!
I think we're going to come down in October. I was planning on looking at AIRBNB for a place to stay. Do you do short term rentals too?