Looking for housing in San Miguel de Allende

We are a retired couple living in Houston.  We are looking for affordable housing in San Miguel for the period of 4-1-19 to 8-30-19.  The hitch:  we have old pets that we cannot leave here in Houston for that long, they'd have to come with us, 2 dogs and 4 cats.  All are rescued indoor animals, neutered and vaccinated.  The dogs walk on leash only.  Our house in Houston is pristine, anybody is welcome to stop by and verify.

SteveandMarty wrote:

We are a retired couple living in Houston.  We are looking for affordable housing in San Miguel for the period of 4-1-19 to 8-30-19.  The hitch:  we have old pets that we cannot leave here in Houston for that long, they'd have to come with us, 2 dogs and 4 cats.  All are rescued indoor animals, neutered and vaccinated.  The dogs walk on leash only.  Our house in Houston is pristine, anybody is welcome to stop by and verify.

With that number of animals, an apartment is out of the question you would have to look for a house. Check at the top of the page for housing options, and check the SMA forum on this site for more options. The expat group from SMA is so large that they have their own forum within the forum.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Offers should be made only in the housing section.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Heidi, thanks so much for responding.  We did find a small house for rent and already committed us.  Marty Garfinkel

@HeidiPWZ

Please place a free advert in the housing section top of this page. Better exposure there.

See reply to Stumpy below

Thanks Stumpy.  We aren't really looking to rent, was simply considering helping out a fellow animal lover !  If and when we actually are in the market we will use the appropriate channels.

Heidi, are you in SMA now?  I'll probably need a referral to a good vet there.  Let me know.  Marty in Houston

Hi there, sorry for the short break in communication.  No we are not in SMA at present, we are enjoying the Cervantino festival "up the road" in Guanajuato!  I don't have an answer for you on the "best vets" but imagine there are many to choose from.  I'll ask around and get back to you.

We are arriving in SMA in two weeks. For the first five nights we will be staying in a hotel and hope to find a long term rental. We're looking for minimum two bedrooms with minimum two bathrooms. We have a yellow Labrador as well. Not downtown but not to far out. Fully furnished. This would  be long term. Price between USD 1000/2000. If you can suggest some places that would be appreciated. Thanks.

We found a 2 BR, 2 1/2 bath through Vacation Rentals by Owner, for $1,500 (dollars)/month.  The landlady knows that we're coming with our flotilla of pets, no problem.