I want to Work in Cambodia

Hi Guys 

I'm Cyrile im here in UAE   14 years experience experience , im planning to go back to Philippine and try to find other jobs in Asia can you please advice im willing to work as English Teacher in Asia Country if im planning to visit Cambodia whats the procedure and document i need to prepare and how much the cost of living there?

Hello.

The best way is to come here first and then start looking for a teaching job. There are quite some jobs available so it should not be a problem.

When you arrive at the airport, apply for a Ordinary [E] visa, not tourist. Visa is one month valid and in that month you have to apply for an extension of stay [EOS], in your case a EG extension for 6 months. After 6 months if you did not find a job you have to leave the country, but can come back.

If you find a job you have to change your extension of stay to a EB extension, for that you need a letter from your employer. This extension can be for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months.

You also have to apply for a work permit, you can do that yourself on line, or use an agent and pay more.

That's about the paperwork.

Cost of living of course depends on your living style, but it has been said that $800 - $1000 is sufficient, including the rent.

Good luck.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team