Electricity costs

Hi All

Could someone be a little more specific with  the cost per month say of power  for 2 people in a apartment who don't waste power just trying to get figures so can put a budget together hopefully in Australian Dollars please .Look forward to all your replies.

Many thanks

wrightslife

Impossible to be specific as your situation is not known, how many ventilators, AC, fridge/freezer and so on. Warm-water devices take a lot of power (2 kW/h), so showering long time makes it expensive.

My personal situation (2 bed/2 bath house with one AC for 1 hour/day, 3 ventilators, fridge/freezer and 2 warm-water devices (only one in use)) brings me to a monthly cost of about USD 25. Even if you would double it for 2 persons it would be no more than USD 50, which is about AUD 66.

Hope this helps.

Thankyou thats very helpful.

Hello

I just paid my first bill for my 1 bedroom flat 1 person, $23.50. I only use the fan all the time, no A/C because of the price and because it's not necessary. For 2 people, probably $30
It also depends on the price per KW, from 600 riels, to 1200 riels. Mine is 1000
There's a swimming pool where I live so I also take showers there one day out of 2 or 3 and I don't have any washing machine (hand wash, easy as I only wear T-shirts and shorts), the rest is very easy to wash, sheets at the shop for $4
Hope this helps

WOW $25 is very cheap for the size of your flat, the cost per KW must be lower than mine. What I pay is fine. A friend in Phnom Penh pays $250/month, it's a big house but crazy ! She has a 1 room airbnb in the house but even so...

Thankyou :)

It's not unusual, $25/month for electricity.

The rate is 1000 riel too and the landlord pays for general costs, like outside lights, water pumps.

My house is cool and I use that to not use too much electricity. I open all windows and doors so that there is a nice airflow going through the house. My house only has direct sunlight in the early morning.

Hi Joe

I am in a hotel so I also just pay my real costs and the sun only slightly appears around 1pm just at the door so by opening, the draft brings cool enough air. I find the heat more bearable than in Europe in the summer, here the house doesn't get as hot.
Have a good day !

I think it is not too much sir... excuse me can I ask you some question?
did you use refrigerator? did you use washing machine ? did you watch tv? do you usually use battery charging? all of these are the real reason  `
thanks

Hi Ravoeun

I have a large refrigerator, no washing machine, 2 large TVs but I don't watch TV, very rarely, I use battery chargers for mobile and batteries, large computer all the time, kettle sometimes, the cooker quite a lot, the fan (I don't use the A/C). That's $23 a month

Stephen