Close

Salary & cost of living ....

Dear Indians,

Greetings of the day.

This is Vinayak Topgi, from Pune, Maharashtra, India.

I have a job opportunity, as a Deputy General Manager (Mineral / Ore Dressing), in a mining industry, at Phnum Syarung.

To submit the duly filled in application for appointment to employer, I am in need of the salary structure/slab, (in US Dollars per month) trending there at present, for above mentioned post.

Also, I wish to know, how much will be the monthly expense for a couple (purely vegetarian) to lead a medium class life. What are the Ayurvedic medical facilities available along with the monthly expenses per month or per visit / consultation? Also, let me know the availability of Ayurvedic doctor & medicine.

The employer is providing me family  accommodation & two times flight tickets in a year.

Now, I request you to kindly check-n-find out the salary structure & the expenses for above mentioned matters.

Your kind favour in the above said matter at the earliest is highly solicited.

Kindly send me your WhatsApp number, if any, for future corresponding. I furnishing my contact details for your needful in the matter.

Thanks & regards.

Vinayak Topgi.

Moderated by Christine 2 weeks ago
Reason : please do not post your contact details on the forum.

You can survive on $1,000 a month just, $ 2,000 it makes life easy, $3,000 your are enjoying, $4,000+ your loving it!

Dear Naimkhanturk,
Greetings of the day.
Thank you very much.

Should let you know as I work in Real Estate, if you are in Phnom Penh housing is varied, if you are single you can get a nice 1 bed apartment from $400 USD upwards, the apartment will be modernised but the entrance may not be to your liking or a bit like India, no offence meant. If you have a family and safety and security are important, then Serviced apartments are best for you, they can start from $800 to over $4,000 a month, depends on location or quality, you can also rent a villa and prices will start at over $2,000 a month.

Getting around, tuk tuk or rickshaws are widely available, best to opt for the metered ones as they are cheaper or negotiate the price before you set off, metered taxis are available also, for me the best mode of transport is a scooter or motorbike, no licence needed for a motorbike up to 175 cc.

Eating, there are numerous places and styles of cooking available, there are many Indian restaurants here offering northern and southern Indian food, you can eat out for as little as $5.00 a person or well over $100 per person, just depends where you go.

Beer is cheap, 50 cents to a $1,up market places beer will be $2.50 a glass upwards, wine is widely available as well as spirits.

Sorry I cannot help you on Ayurvedic doctor & medicine. Though, it is a good idea to have medical insurance as health care here is poor.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask

Dear Naimkhanturk,

Thank you very much for your valuable information.

Could you get me the recent salary range, US Dollars per month, for a Deputy General Manager (Mineral/Ore Dressing) in mining industry.

Secondly, can I get an Ayurvedic doctor?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Not an area I am familiar with, why don't you try contact a recruitment company or two and ask their opinion.

Try this link for doctors https://www.ayurveda4health.com/ayurved … h/all-area

Housing , please check real estate sites, you can definitely get a serviced apartment for 200-400 one bedroom that is nice, not 800, god you might as well go to USA, 800-1000 are available, but this is a unreasonable price, I went to a 800$ a month condo when I first arrived m ended up getting that for 400 a month, I’m living in a really nice condo now by the royal palace , 5 minutes to the riverfront, 300, a maid included, this is Southeast Asia, westerners don’t come to pay 800+ a month, don’t be fooled! Walk around every street in Phnom penn has for rent signs , I’ve lived here three years , I know, 3-400$ max , you will find a really nice place, many good agents won’t even try to push the 800+ a month, they are trying to take you before you get familiar to the city, contact me I know many good areas and a few HONEST agents, good luck!

Expatriate health insurance in Cambodia

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Cambodia

Moving to Cambodia

Find tips from professionals about moving to Cambodia

Travel insurance in Cambodia

Enjoy stress-free travel to Cambodia