Consumer protection law or dispute

Hi All,
We are stuck in dire situation, unable to understand what to do..
My question is Where tenants cAn go and complain against building issues maintenance issues. If so kindly guide me with the procedure.

We shifted in new flat in Jan 2018, In AlKhuwair with reputed company. Our living room A/C is broken and not working, before shifting here they told that A /C will be changed within 10-15 days.  It's been 5 months they have not changed A/C. We are repeatedly complaining and even escalated the matter to manager of building and his company.  They are just delaying it and not doing anything.

It's very hot now and difficult to manage with out AC.  2 days back my husband called again He told We will complain. They told him do whatever you want and go and complain whomever you want.
I have chain of emails since Jan Complaining and requesting them About AC issue. 
  We have given advance and PDC's.  Unable to decide what are options available for us.

Kindly advise and guide me.

Thanks

can anyone enlighten me on the above issue.

You have got a few options.

1-  Those tenants who have been facing issues can jointly go to the company's head office and meet the General Manager or the someone at the director level to discuss. If they show interest, get a time frame and follow up.

2-  You can visit Public authority of consumer protection Oman. Go through the web portal at http://pacp.gov.om/  and get all the related info about the address, contact numbers etc.  You can register a complaint there and follow up.

3- You can also approach chamber and complaint about the specific company which is dealing with your property.

Such things are difficult in Oman but they're not impossible though. Take a step beyond and you'll certainly go through it.

Hi

Just print the mails u sent regarding the AC issues and visit Public Authority for Consumer Protection in Al Ghubra (opposite side of Extra or GMC showroom) between Ghubra and Azaiba and place a compalint and also demand for some claims as u suffered the heat... U will see the PACP will clear the issues in very short period.
All the best

i make a complaint in consumer court salalah, but still not getting response from last 1 week

Hello Maliknaeemjan1972,

Welcome !

Please note that this thread is from 2018 ... all participants are inactive.

If you don't get any response, you may consider opening a new topic on the Muscat forum.

All the best

Bhavna