Expat areas for housing

Hello,

I am moving back to the Middle East, to Muscat next week (5/14/15).  I lived in Saudi Arabia for 14 years but have been living in Kentucky for the past 3 years.  Where are some areas that expats tend to live in? Do most live in Dolphin, Wave, or other similar compounds or do they live in sub-division areas?

Thanks
Tony... :)

Fyrguru wrote:

Hello,

I am moving back to the Middle East, to Muscat next week (5/14/15).  I lived in Saudi Arabia for 14 years but have been living in Kentucky for the past 3 years.  Where are some areas that expats tend to live in? Do most live in Dolphin, Wave, or other similar compounds or do they live in sub-division areas?

Thanks
Tony... :)

Expat community stays all our Muscat and all areas are welcoming to every community. However, the expats prefer Alkhuwair, Ghubra and Azaiba the most, for living. Ruwi is also densely populated with expat community. People in Muscat usually select the areas on the basis of,

1-   Their workplace.
2-   Their Budget.

Hi Fyrguru,

Adding to what my friend schaz has stated above, most western expatriates prefer living in the more upmarket neighbourhoods such as The Wave, the Dolphin Village, Madinat Al Ilam and Qurum Heights. Most Asian expats prefer living more on the other side of town - in areas such as Ruwi, Darsait, Mumtaz Area, Al Falaj Area, et al.

Proximity to the place of work would be a crucial factor in deciding where you would live.