Re: Information about Yangon

Greetings, everyone. I am Prakash Iyer from India. I am an infrastructure advisory consultant and work on making cities more liveable. I am presently exploring an opportunity in Yangon which will require me to be there for atleast 12 months. I will initially be moving there alone.  I would appreciate if people living in Yangon could help me with answers to the following questions please:

1. Rent for a small serviced studio apartment with kitchenette. I checked online and was shocked to know that one such apartment would cost me USD 3500/month.
2. Availability of and rent for small non-serviced studio apartments
3. Frequency and duration of power cuts
4. Availability and quality of public transport to commute within the city
5. Cost and availability of food articles, vegetables and provisions.
6. Availability and cost of food at Indian restaurants. Are there numerous Indian restaurants across the city?
7. Everything for expats seems to be exorbitantly priced in US dollars. For instance, flights from Yangon to Bagan or Mandalay. Are there cheaper local options that can be accessed by expats?
8. Speed of internet access, cost of unlimited internet access per month

I look forward to hearing from members on the above and to coming to Yangon.

Kind regards,

Prakash

Hi Prakash,
I suggest you go there for a week first , stay in a budget hotel and experience the country for your self before you take a major decision. This is what I did before I could invest in Myanmar. 
I am currently in Mumbai, you are welcome to call me for more information.
Best wishes
Terence

Hi Terence,

Greetings. Many thanks for your message. It is indeed a good idea to check out the country first. I will be going there only for a one year project at best. My offer has not yet been finalized. I will connect with you once I have a firm offer in hand. Thank you once again for your inputs and support. Kind regards, Prakash