Organize your move to Myanmar

Hi all,

we invite you to share your experience about moving to Myanmar.

Here is a list of questions which might help the ones preparing their move to Myanmar:

What would you bring and what would you leave behind?

Is it a good idea to bring furniture or domestic appliances?

Any foodstuffs that are banned in Myanmar?

Is it better to bring a car or to buy one once settled in Myanmar?

Any advice for the ones who are moving to Myanmar?

Thank you in advance for your participation :)

Hi,

I am answering as much as I can.

1) Bring only your personal stuffs is the best.

2) It is not good idea to bring furniture from outside. You can buy here as cost of extra kilos is expensive.

3) You can get most of the foodstuff here at super markets. If it is too emergency for you to have you can buy through the friends in Thailand or Singapore. They can send easily giving extra kilos costs, There are some agencies doing that sort of business in Thailand and Singapore.

4) It is better to bring car for diplomatic. If not, you need to check transportation authorities here whether your car can get license plate or not. Here car itself is not much expensive but license plate is expensive. For example now a days 78 or 80 model hilus car is worth about USD 10000. People buy it only for license plate and the bring a new car and put that plate on it. But it is allowed only three months ago. Before the price for 90 Model Toyota Mark II is around USD 50000.

People who are moving here will definitely have new experiences which they cannot get anywhere around the world. I can be sure to say it.

Best,

Tin

Julie wrote:

Hi all,

we invite you to share your experience about moving to Myanmar.

Here is a list of questions which might help the ones preparing their move to Myanmar:

What would you bring and what would you leave behind?

Is it a good idea to bring furniture or domestic appliances?

Any foodstuffs that are banned in Myanmar?

Is it better to bring a car or to buy one once settled in Myanmar?

Any advice for the ones who are moving to Myanmar?

Thank you in advance for your participation :)

:top: