Child birth in Al Khobar

Hi there,

I am a Canadian and will be joining my husband in Al Khobar in June. We are pregnant with our third child and are due late September.
I was hoping there may be some western women expats that have had experience giving birth is Al Khobar and perhaps have some guidance to give me.
My husbands company provides medical insurance for our family and childbirth is included. So I'm not so worried about cost. I suppose I'm looking more so for recommendations on the best hospitals and/or OB-GYN's in the city.
Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance! :)

Hi Chelsea,
Congratulations on your coming baby.
The maternity services here are very heavily medicalised and aren't very up to date with the woman centred approach.
Your care will be given by the OB/GYN and not midwives and they can be (not all) very reticent un listening to your needs as a birthing woman.

Be prepared to go in with your birth plan and make sure you ge the right care that is what you want and not what they think you need.
Things like informed consent, birthing off the bed, and seeking consent for medical examinations are not the norm and so I would say challenging.

With your husbands insurance, get a list of the aproced doctors and hospitals and then look for info on their care approach.
It's very much  talking to them and see how you feel. 
There are a few fb pregnancy and childbirth pages for Saudi Arabia you can join and ask regarding specific doctors.
Good luck.

Thank you so much for the insight! I have read that it is important to go in with a birthing plan and do your best to be stern on your wishes.

You mentioned fb pages/groups that may be of some help. Could you perhaps provide me with those pages or group names? I would love to search out some help from the Facebook community!

Thanks again!