A question about marriage visa

Nice to meet you expat.com community,

I am a Korean national currently living in Seoul.
I married to a Romanian man last year in Korea and we are planning a moving to Romania.
We have difficulty finding the right visa for me and I would like your advice.

By the Romanian embassy, we were instructed to apply for a "family unification" visa.
My husband has to travel to Romania and to the address where he's registered for me to get the visa. The problem is that the address he registered himself with is where his mother lived _ she now passed away and only his step father is living there.
My husband never lived with her mother in that address. Instead, all those years, he lived in Bucharest where he rented a flat and moved out when he came to Korea. In other words, there's nowhere in Bucharest where he can register himself now. 
So, we're trying to see if we can avoid a hassle of him going back to Romania for my visa only. 
Would it be better that I travel with him on a tourist visa and change the visa type when we're in Romania? Is it possible?

cheers,

Hello!!! You can try applying for a visit visa.. and when you get here you should report your marriage to the city hall where your husband lives so you can get a Romanian marriage certificate and apply for residence permit