EP got rejected & HR appealed about 15 days now

i have my first EP application rejected and re-submitted on 20 march 2018.
the reason rejected was told by HR said that they posted with the wrong account.
it is about 15 days of processing now. my new job title is Solutions Engineer in IT Financial Sector. the job based salary is SGD4,800. I am quite worry on my application now. appreciate some of your advise.

anyone of your application rejected and appeal with approved less than 3 weeks recently?

Hey! Similar situation with me :(. I got rejected 1st time(dont know the exact reason, company mentioned it was their fault) and waiting since 5th of March(second time around)..current status: Pending

ludiq999 wrote:

Hey! Similar situation with me :(. I got rejected 1st time(dont know the exact reason, company mentioned it was their fault) and waiting since 5th of March(second time around)..current status: Pending

which means your application was pending about 30 days now... wish luck to you too :)

Yep, exactly. The 1st one(rejected) was , rejected in exactly 12 days. Then we waited for I think 10 days to reapply and since then exactly 30 days...I am very frustrated because in the embassy website its mention 3 weeks and here in the forum I rarely read that somebody got the visa within that period. Most of us waiting between month(at least) up to 4 months(I read about one guy situation)...Hopefully we will start receiving answers quickly :). Thanks! Good luck to you too....

The usual processing time is 1 - 2 months, but in can be shorter or longer in certain cases. Be patient!

Beppi, I am patient but I cant understand the following. Its mention that its up to certain period of time. Seeing the current situation its not uncommon to wait even longer...what is the difference between 1 to 2 months? If they already checked your application(consider pending state), what is the reason for waiting longer and longer? I dont understand are they changing rules and regulations(hence the increased processing time) or its just because... Its rather strange for most people to wait more than a month even through that they put up to 3 weeks for processing(MoM website). I guess all of us applying have commitments and we consider those 3 weeks + additional 2-3 weeks, but as we can read on the forum there are extreme cases which are over 2 months..waiting time. I am a bit confused with all of this. If there is more strict rules, mention them online so we can now that it might take for example 3 months or even more. But be clear, because now its a bit "No mans Land" situation..could be for a week, could be 3 months +...

beppi wrote:

The usual processing time is 1 - 2 months, but in can be shorter or longer in certain cases. Be patient!

Thank you beppi :) wish luck ^_^

ludiq999 wrote:

Yep, exactly. The 1st one(rejected) was , rejected in exactly 12 days. Then we waited for I think 10 days to reapply and since then exactly 30 days...I am very frustrated because in the embassy website its mention 3 weeks and here in the forum I rarely read that somebody got the visa within that period. Most of us waiting between month(at least) up to 4 months(I read about one guy situation)...Hopefully we will start receiving answers quickly :). Thanks! Good luck to you too....

wow ludiq, my first application was rejected in exactly 16 days. and waited about 7 days to appeal the application... and till now waited 15 days. yeah hopefully we will start got the good answer asap :) by the way, what is your initial start date with your employer? i spoke with my HR, in the event of waiting EP process, they will delay the start date. My initial start date is 9 april...

Same situation. My agreed start date is 24th of April. However in case that there is delay we will postpone the starting date. When I signed the offer letter on 12th of Feb I was thinking wow(very late) hheheh...now I hope that I will be able to meet the date :). Very angry and frustrated...as I said. Unfortunately nothing that we can do, Nothing, but wait...

In the past, the MoM webpage said one week turnaround time and the reality was a month. Now they say 3 weeks and need 1 - 2 months (incl. vetting in most cases). I think it's better now, but if you disagree, you are welcome to contact them and propose ways to improve efficiency.
MoM is a Singapore government agency and acts in the interest of Singapore, not you. It is possible to expedite work pass processing (to as little as a few days in urgent cases), if your employer contacts them and shows convincing reasons why they need you immediately and cannot wait a few weeks. But this is rare.

Hahahahahahha, I like your post :). Made my day. Actually this is what I am doing for a living(improving efficiency and processes in companies) hahah. Anyways I know that we need to wait, its just painful process(visa application). I used to live in UK(from '99 till 2011) and pretty familiar with the visa(waiting time and heavy rules). I dont think I am so important to my company to push... Its just wait game and since its 2nd time for waiting(consider the previous rejection) its just not nice. Hopefully this time will be success and soon I will get the news that I am hoping for.

Buerocrats worldwide have a well-deserved reputation for inefficiency (and, in my opinion, sloth), but the Singapore ones are at least better than any others I know.

My HR called to MOM on 6 Apr Friday, and said that should able to receive the outcome by next week... Wish it is truth :) finger cross...

Any update for your case ya?

I am also facing the same issue...

Hi I am still waiting my outcome, as HR spoke with MOM this week will have outcome... how about yours? How long is your processed till now?

So what is your status now?
EP got approved because I am also caught up in same situation.
Please advise

So it got approved?

Hello Friedns,
My renewal was approved 12Dec2018, i got new post and new company has applied for new EP and it got rejected. As per new employer, there was some mistake in the form and we will appeal. I hope they have appealed on 4th Jan 2019 and till now the status shows as "Rejected". Guys need your inputs on below
1. what will be the EP status after appeal
2. EP status should change after successful Appeal

Kindly advise. Thanks

1. what will be the EP status after appeal
No change in your status as your new EP is rejected, so if your existing company didn't cancel your EP then you can continue with that.

2. EP status should change after successful Appeal

Yes, status changes if only appeal became successful

I am having a similar situation, did your appeal get approved?

thanks a lot for your time and response.

Is it something EP status remains unchange (rejected) until appeal outcome ?

My employer said appeal status is pending and when i checked online EP status shows still rejected.

thanks again.

Read applicable discussions on the forum: Your question has already been answered many times!

Hi,
My E.P was applied on 27th Dec'18. Been 35 days now and it is still in "Pending" state. HR  was told by MOM when approached that they will let know on the status by Monday, 28th Jan. But Monday is already over and there has been no update yet on the outcome.

My EP was rejected and company submitted an Appeal on 9th January, but still pending.

Did your EP get approved?

skumar_r_nair wrote:

My EP was rejected and company submitted an Appeal on 9th January, but still pending.

Did your EP get approved?

Nope. Appeal will be submitted in the coming week. Whats ur application current status ? Is it rejected or pending ?

any update? i have a similar case, EP just renewed, offer in Jan, EP app rejected in Feb.

your EP got approved?

Mine got approved, after my company raised expedite request with MOM  :)

skumar_r_nair wrote:

Mine got approved, after my company raised expedite request with MOM  :)

may I know your timeline? as in from the date it was rejected to appeal and approval? i am now reaching my three-week mark on Monday, which is the minimum processing time for appeals, per MOM website.

i do understand every application is evaluated differently by the MOM, i just want to know whether there had been precedents as to "expediting" beyond the three week mark. mind sharing your industry type, skumar and company size? thanks.

Finally my EP got approved:)

hi signus

may i know your timeline pls? thanks

Hi friends..
How long did it take to get epass appeal status in EPONLINE  portal??
Please reply..

sadaiyappan wrote:

Hi friends..
How long did it take to get epass appeal status in EPONLINE  portal??
Please reply..

what do you mean by "ep appeal status"? it will only change status to "approved" if it is approved, and ep appeal takes a minimum of three weeks. from appeal date to outcome (ie week1 to week 3) it will only show "rejected" through EP online and “pending" in employer's portal.

2 weeks

You should be able to see the status within 3-7 days if it's new application.

For an appeal it depends, may be 02 weeks or 02 months.

Similar situation for me my first ep got rejected on salary 5700 in IT field. Reason given wrong job post their max salary was 5600 and offered me 5700 so that's why. My employer has resubmitted the post with higher salary for next 14 days.

Let's see. I am worried. What will be the outcome can anybody suggest something

I had posted my outcome in a different thread. Nothing you can really do but to wait and honor the process. after 14days of reposting, appeal, then wait three weeks for outcome (MOM website says it will take three weeks and it really does). it will eventually be approved if MOM says it is the only reason for rejection.

They have written the reason this but not specifically mentioned that this is the only reason.
Just asking your opinion should I start looking other jobs ?

And also do I need to fill the EP forms again as the date will be a mismatch or my old filled form will work any idea ?