Close

Refused entry

Hi Everyone!

I am Mitch and I am new here. I would like to share with you my experience and like to hear your suggestions/ opinion.

Last year I visited Singapore and initially intended to stay there for a week. The officer did stamped my passport for 30 days  however noted the details of my return flight. I decided to use the 30 days to find a job (it was my first time to travel. I honestly believe it was just fine to do that as long as it will not exceed the 30 days). Luckily I got interviewed and was given time to think whether to accept the offer or not. During this time I decided to exit and went to Malaysia for 1 night. When I return I was refused to enter again the country and received a letter of refusal (being ineligible) 😔 I returned to Malaysia and stay at my cousins' for 2 weeks before I returned to Philippines.

It's been 7 months and I would like to return to Singapore and continue to find the job. My question is, is it possible that ICA will refused me again due to the incedent last year? Am I blocklised? Is it safe to return now?

Thank you so much for your help. I will highly appreciate it.

ICA refused as you didn't follow the rules, it says you need to stay out of 5 days from the departure date in order to consider the re-entry. So, next time go through the rules before facing such difficulties in future.

I don't think ICA would be blacklisted you for that nor it will prevent you to enter into Singapore in future.

Second part of your question (written to my personal mailbox), how difficult or easy to get a job in Singapore while you are on a tourist visa.

It's not easy to get a job during short time frame but again if you have good referrals then chances are high to get an interview call and if things go well & employer selected you then they will apply for S pass or employment pass (go through the MoM website for more details).

Please beware of scammers and don't give money for arranging interviews or job offer as it's illegal in Singapore. Good luck.

Hi surya2k

Again thank you for the information. I know it's not easy to be employed within a short period of time. I am considering the online extension something of Singapore but heard that there is a very least chance of approval. What do you think is the best way to extend my stay in Singapore? Im worrying about exiting the country again.

Thank you in advanced.

Online extension is possible if someone in Singapore who will sponsor you and do log in the ICA website and apply another 30 days extension. Or else you may have to exit on 29th day of your stay then visit to Malaysia/any other countries for a week then return.

Hi again,

My apology for too many questions. I just want to be sure that I will not go beyond their law. Sponsor should be Singaporean or PR only right? If that's the case I think it's not possible for me. If I exit again there is no assurance that they will grant me another 30 days and worst they might refused me again. Anyway I think it's worth to try again. I am hoping for a positve result.

Thank you so much sir

Even any Employment pass holder can apply your extention to another 30days and apply online if he is your relative or known person to your family. If required he or she may write a letter to ICA for that. No need for a PR or citizen sponsorship required here.

If you stay away at least 5days then return, possibly they won't reject your entry again. Good luck.

Hi surya2k,

Again, thank you. I have another question, just in case I already find a job do you think it will affect my application for employment pass?

By the way my passport has a stamped of "W" which I read from other forum that it is deadly?? Really have no idea what it means.

Thanks

Hi there,

May I ask if what part of Spore you exit? Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the "W" is from Woodlands? Mine got "T" stamp from Tuas..

Good Luck for coming back in SG!!

MitsAa01: Those stamp indications are an entry point via in road.

Pertaining to your EP approval, there could be an impact if any case pending at ICA, police neighbor hood or at banks are still open. So, not sure about current status of your case. Good luck

Hi ms_adhel

Yes I exit at woodlands. So it does'nt mean anything aside from mentioned above? Thank you po.

Hi surya2k

What do you mean by this? "case pending at ICA, police neighbor hood or at banks are still open" sorry I am confused. I just thought they just refused me because I did not follow the note on mu passport.  Thank you again.

If you didn't not follow certain rules at entry point you were caught and refused to enter into Singapore. If that case is closed at ICA then it's fine. But, if it shows as an open case at ICA record then it might have an impact to your working pass process.

Hi surya2k,

Im sorry to bother you again.

I am really worried now as I am going back to SG this month. I also ask some of my friend whether the issuance of letter of ineligible to entry will cause me a problem. Its been 7 months since I left sg. They told me that I need to write a letter of appeal for entry. Do you think its necessary? Or it will worsen the case if i write them a letter?

One more thing, on the embarkation card should I have to tick that I have been prohibited?

Thank you so much

If you have been prohibited from entering, you MUST contact ICA first - otherwise you will be turned away again!"
And on the embarcation card, you MUST be honest - otherwise you will be rejected just for that (and they can see everything in their computer!).

Hi beppi.

Thank you. From your answer I assume being refused and prohibited are the same. So I have to tick that I was once prohibited to enter SG. I hope it will not cause a problem on my planned visit.😥

It WILL cause a problem if you don't contact ICA and clear the issue up before your trip!

are u now in singapore again?

chasingtravs: check your mail, I have replied on your query.

May I request you to post your query in this forum so that other participants can share their views or participate. Thanks

Expatriate health insurance in Singapore

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Singapore

Moving to Singapore

Find tips from professionals about moving to Singapore

Travel insurance in Singapore

Enjoy stress-free travel to Singapore

Flights to Singapore

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Singapore