Close

vietnamese can work in singapore with work permit?

Hi everyone,
I'm a vietnamese and now living in HCM city, im looking for job in sg now. Im a fresh graduate that's why i try to looking for a normal job with salary <$1800.
But when finding information i got read that Vietnamese workers can work in Singapore with an S Pass or an E Pass. The Singapore government does not grant a Work Permit for Vietnamese workers, and vietnamese cannot work at any service industry cuz MOM has specified that service industry can only get foreign workers from approved-source-country and Vietnam is NOT included. Is it all these true?  Because i still see some vietnamese work as dancer in club or service crew in normal restaurants, and they tell me they work with work permit not S pass or E pass ?!
and my bf is a singaporean, he is  only 22 yrs and he still military service now. Then can we apply for marriage and LTVP now when he still haven't work yet?  pls help for informations. thanks guys.

i think you should marry your bf singaporean as he can apply LTVP for you under marriage , after that you can easy find job in singapore . If you apply spass or epass so i am not sure MOM will approve your documents or not because many foreigners also applied but MOM rejected it . Some people work at bar,club as dancer position but their card only 6 months,its special card for them , there one is legal

Hi Jenny, thank you so much for your reply, do you know more abt  marriage one ? cuz i got read abt LTVP, got one part is need show and prove  " Local sponsor's Letter of Employment stating Date of Commencement, Designation and Salary per month (for self-employed: sponsor's valid Registration Certificate from the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) and Company's Profit & Loss Statement for the last 12 months)
Local sponsor's Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the last 3 years and CPF Statement showing monthly CPF contribution for the last 12 months. Alternatively, the sponsor may choose to complete Appendix VP to give consent for ICA to obtain and verify financial information provided in respect of this application with the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) and Central Provident Fund Board (CPF) directly instead"
But my bf still military service now, and nv work before, Is it possible for marriage and apply LTVP?

Hi,

Below link from ICA will give a brief idea what r the documents you and your Singaporean bf require before marriage and how to apply LTVP and its eligibility criteria.

https://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=175

And to get a work under LTVP, you must have a LOC approved from MoM, below is the link for more details:

http://www.singaporecompanyincorporatio … o-benefit/

Hope this helps. But looking at your case, not sure how your bf will justify to ICA about his financial support to you after marriage as he is not working and a 22 years old guy.

Anyway, wishing you both all the best n a happy married life in future.

thank you so much for your information.  :)

Questions and answers about formalities

Ask your question
Iorie
EP/S-Pass Rejected without clear Reason
By Iorie
eng_5aledba
invitation letter
By eng_5aledba
kate99
Thomas Lim
Certified Israeli laywer in Singapore
By Thomas Lim
waheed123
Training Employment Pass
By waheed123
want to relocate to Singapore
By Guest

Expatriate health insurance in Singapore

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Singapore

Moving to Singapore

Find tips from professionals about moving to Singapore

Travel insurance in Singapore

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Singapore

Flights to Singapore

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Singapore