Arriving Ho Chi Minh - 11 April, 2018 - Looking to make a friend

:)

Hi

My name is Melinda and I am 42 years old and I am arriving in Ho Chi Minh on April 2018.  I would like to make friends with an ex-pat or someone that comes from Ho Chi Minh that could guide me around the area when I arrive or meet me for a coffee so that I am not completely on my own.  Looking to make a friend.  I hope someone can help out there as it is a new chapter.  I am looking for work to teach English in Ho Chi Minh or Cambodia.

I hope someone can help me.

Have an awesome day further

Welcome Melinda,  BTW 2018 not 2011.  ;)

Thanks!  :D

Wrong time to come to Vietnam for teaching as the school year finishes in May and while there may be a few summer schools etc, competition will be strong for the positions.

Although the schools are closed for summer break, every single English school in Vietnam opens special intensive courses for kids and teens. It's like the weekend kiddy classes but every day of the week.

As a result, the summer is actually peak employment time for foreign teachers.

Hi John

Are you on facebook?  I appreciate your reply, I am coming to Vietnam to see if I am able to find some work and then will return back to SA, and then back again to Vietnam if all is good.  It will be nice to contact you when I am in Ho Chi Ming and maybe you can help me if you are not too busy with some outlying areas where I may be able to teach, or areas that I may be able to target.  I am busy with research now.  I have met another girl that will be meeting me at the airport, and maybe one of the days we could meet as I am sure you may know more about areas to visit or target. Its always good to build up a friendship.   

Let me know.

Melinda
:D

Yes, I've sent you a private message and also added you to my contacts here on this site.

However, I actually live in Vũng Tàu. I am occasionally in HCMC for a change of scene or on the way to somewhere else. Also, I have lived there off and on (mostly off) a few times since 2004.

You can learn about teaching jobs throughout Vietnam here:

http://vietnamteachingjobs.com

Of course, it's best to  wait until you arrive and see everything in person with your own eyes before agreeing to anything.