Query regarding Abuja

Hello Everyone,

I am Vipin from India. ANd recently got offer to work in Abuja in a telecom company.

I have few queries regarding the same

1) Avg cost of living

2)  cost of one BHK Furnished secured accomdation.

3)  Security

4) Tax liabilty?

Warm Regards,
VIPIN TURAN

Hi Vipin :)

I hope other members will be able to help you soon!

Regards
Armand

Hi Vipin.. I am so happy to help, coincidentally, I spent 2 months in Bangalore India, this time last year...

I think I can give you good comparisons since I know both places.

1. Avg cost of living - I am afraid to say that average cost of living in Abuja is more than that in at least Bangalore. But I haven't stayed long in Mumbai, still I find Mumbai comparable with Abuja when it comes to cost of living and even weather. May be Abuja could be a little more costly than Mumbai.

2. Cost of accommodation varies with areas in Abuja. For around $5000 a year or even less, I think you can get decent accommodation.

3. Security - Security wise, Abuja is ok.. One thing for sure, its more secure than Mumbai.. There is good security presence and police checkpoints and that has significantly pushed criminals away.

4. I really don't know much about taxes sorry.

Here is a video of [Moderated: Links is not working] for you to have a better idea of the place..

Hello Aliyu,

Thanks a lot for your valueable feedback.

One more favour pls, How to find 1 BHK furnished accomdation in a secured locality?

BR//

Hello Vipin,

For your accommodation, you can also post a customized advert (as per your budget, room type) on Abuja Classifieds Page, Category>Accommodation. This might help you as well.

Regards

Hi Vipin,

Believe both of us are in a similar situation with a job offer, but unsure of what to do. Suggest we connect via e-mail please?

Thanks,

Harish

Hi Harish,

My mail ID   [email protected]

pls give  me your phone no...else you can call me on 8800294139

Rgds,
Vipin Turan

Hi Vipin,

I can be contacted at 09999309098 or [email protected]

Regards,

Harish

Hi Aliyu

Question? is the company Nigeria owned and based,or is it an International company? if so don't you have a relocation package. I wonder why they are not doing finding accommodation etc for you.

Check out [Moderated] if you fill out contact us at back they should be able to help...i believe they are now doing free consultations.

Hi Aliyu,

Did you now move to Abuja and if so can I contact you by email as I am in a similar situation.

Is it safe to walk the streets to go shopping, I mean there are rumours of kidnaping is this true in Abuja.

Good luck if you made it to Nigeria and hope your job gives you the rewards you seek