Expatriates in Kano, please help

"Hi, I got a job in KANO, Nigeria thru a know source and likely to move in Dec. '10. I like to know about law and order & social scenario of KANO and cost of living for family of 2 adult and a 10 yrs old child. I shall be provided with furnished house, car, house hold helps, and local salary apart from offshore savings. Also let me know the schooling facility in Kano.

... getting a package of $18000 per annum. i have done b. tech from one of the reputed college in india here. ( passed out in june 2010). can you help me figuring out whether it is a good salary or not..."

This is for a friend and as I am not that familiar with Kano will like to post his questions here and hopefully someone can help. I have recommended that he join this site as well. It will be great to get responses from expatriates actually living in Kano or who have lived in Kano before.

Hi Camilletolu :)

I hope you will obtain the help needed from other members who know the region!

Good luck
Armand

Cost of living in kano is relatively low and depending on your years of experience and skillset, that amount is okay for a position just above the entry-level!

Kano is one of the safest or infact the safest place in the whole of Nigeria except for the time during elections. But otherwise, Kano is very safe. People are nice and friendly and very humble. The salary looks decent. Family can live safely.