Niger delta for work

Hi i come from greece. nick is my name. a greek company is about moving to nigeria.
never been to africa. gratest concern is safety. how are things at the delta of niger cause this is the place.
i have an offer for niger delta sand mining. the sal is 3ooo euro pm all other expenses paid once in 3 months ticket for a week back home accomodation and everything  else paid is it ok is it safe?
thnks

Nick,
     If you want some good information then go to this website.  www.smartraveller.gov.au
Is very informative. Is a Australian government website for people travelling abroad.

Best of Luck
Alan.

thnks very helpfull indeed

Hello Nick,

where are you coming in Delta state ?
is it Warri or Sapele region...

Sapele and Warri both places are comparatively not so good as far safety concern.

Abuja is far more safe.

I have spent 2 months in Sapele. i would suggest stay home or dont go out without any good reason.

People in Delta are mostly illiterate and msot of the time we have problem with community guys and union in Delta !

If you have good safe accommodation and you dont have to work late nights. you can try Delta.
i even walk daily on road in sapele and i didnt find any problem.  so, its not as bad as rated but yes its not quite safe place !

i hope its helpful for you.

Thanks

i was told that we will work daytime and stay in aplace for the night. they will also provide securoty but i read that there are raids against foreigner compaunds. Abuja is far away from where we will work. and i still cant make up my mind despite greeces problems thnks

well, i would say make everything clear before embarking for Delta state.

People are illiterate there and its difficult to work in Delta, this is my personal experience.

thanks

hello again. new data from my boss-company. they told me that finally we will not go to delta but near Lagos, about 60 klm from there.
please inform about safety thnks

well Lagos is a commercial city of Nigeria.
I didn't spent long time in Lagos but Lagos is quite better as compare to Delta state.

Hi, Fawwad. I just like to know if you have idea on working at PORT-HARCOURT in Nigeria. Is safe to work there? safe from man made potential harm and also safe from natural diseases there like malaria? I have an offer there and the Total as our CLIENT.

I will really appreciate to have your insights/thoughts.

Thank you.

J