Doctors in Romania?

Do they have GPs in Romania? If so what are they like? Expensive?

In order to stay you will have to get private insurance and your costs may be dependent on the policy you buy.

I've been here a while now. In fact you must be registered with the Insurance house if you actually live here. I.e not departing and returning.

They have doubled the fee too. I'm not certain, but I overheard something like over 100 lei per month. I'll find out next month the exact costs.

Once in the system, you can register with a Doctor (GP).
I believe this is also mandatory.
When I applied there was a lot of paperwork. I mean a lot.
Psychiatric tests were also needed.

Hope this helps.

We've been here 5 years & have no GP or health insurance. The local GP will see us for a small fee if necessary & we've been to the local hospital once - the ENT consultant charged 50 lei. Generally the pharmacists are knowledgeable & you can obtain a range of antibiotics here easily.

We can't get CASCO insurance under the reciprocal EU agreement as the UK now declines to provide the paperwork if you are below retirement age & the CASCO office is too far away to be practical. We can't get affordable health insurance due to medical issues in the distant past. We manage fine with what's available & if necessary will pay the nearest private hospital for treatment. Oddly the European Health Card is still accepted when we re-register our residency.

Pyscatric tests? In Romanian?
I speak Romanian but my medical vocab is limited....

Sorry. Wrong country. It was a physiological test for driving which felt like a physiological test.
Either/or. Paperwork abound.