Health insurance

Hello everyone,

I've been living in Romania for a month and a half and I am trying to figure out how it works with the health system. I understand that I have to get a family doctor under the CNAS agreement, or something like that. I am employed and my employer pays for my medical insurance. They paid for just one month , I wanted to look at my situation on the CNAS website and it seems that I am not registered on the SIUI (what is that by the way?)

I am about to sign a contract with Regina Maria in order to have access to a CAS family doctor. Does anyone know which documents are needed in order to be accepted on the doctor's list? We have something like this in Italy but the process is way simpler..here I understand that foreigners don't get the card de sanatate, is it correct?

Thanks for the clarification!

NemoProphetaInPatria wrote:

Hello everyone,

I've been living in Romania for a month and a half and I am trying to figure out how it works with the health system. I understand that I have to get a family doctor under the CNAS agreement, or something like that. I am employed and my employer pays for my medical insurance. They paid for just one month , I wanted to look at my situation on the CNAS website and it seems that I am not registered on the SIUI (what is that by the way?)

I am about to sign a contract with Regina Maria in order to have access to a CAS family doctor. Does anyone know which documents are needed in order to be accepted on the doctor's list? We have something like this in Italy but the process is way simpler..here I understand that foreigners don't get the card de sanatate, is it correct?

Thanks for the clarification!

The employer should be paying every month for your insurance.  I would think that they should also handle getting you registered with CAS Timis.  SIUI is just the "integrated" computer system, which is just awful....it often goes down or otherwise doesn't work.  If you're not registered, you may need to complete a form similar to this one http://www.cnas.ro/casmb/media/pageFile … 0CASMB.pdf  , but it would go to Timis, not Bucuresti.

To register with a medic de familie, you should only need a proof of insurance, your ID and maybe a birth certificate.

Yes, as far I know...foreigners STILL are not being issued insurance cards.  You'll have to carry an 'adeverinta' (proof of insurance) printout, either from CAS or your employer.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Yes they are paying for CAS because on my payroll there was an amount of money which went for it, so I would assume that they are actually paying it for me. I don't honestly know if they got me registered at the CAS Timis, I thought it was kind of automatic with my CNP. I will ask.

The proof of insurance you are talking about for getting registered with the family doctor could be an adeverinta from my employer that I'm working there and they are paying me for my CAS?

Thanks

NemoProphetaInPatria wrote:

The proof of insurance you are talking about for getting registered with the family doctor could be an adeverinta from my employer that I'm working there and they are paying me for my CAS?

Thanks

Yes, I think that is fine if it is a company letter/form that is signed and stamped by the company.  Also here is a form you could have them fill in http://www.cnas.ro/cjastm/media/pageFil … jator.doc.  They will decide of course which way they wish to do it.

Romaniac