Oman Salary

Hi

Can anyone please advise if 4100 OMR per month is a decent salary for a senior exec in the banking sector? Appreciate some feedback as I am in the process of negotiation with a local bank

Hi Ayan1976,

How "senior" would be critical. Also, your age, your educational qualifications, your competencies and skill-sets, your number of years experience, your past professional track record, and other key criteria, would all play a crucial role in deciding whether your offered salary is "decent" or otherwise.

And, salary is always something very personal and subjective. What is considered good for one, may not be so for another since there are one too many factors in play.

Thanks Sumitran

I am a Canadian national with 15 years of banking experience. Age is 41. MBA from US. Will join as a department head. Other than the salary package, I will be entitled to health insurance , one month basic salary for each year as gratuity. Plus performance bonus which however is not guaranteed and based on results.

You need to calculate how much you need to spend in Oman to maintain the same standard of living as in Canada.If what is left is significantly more than what you save in Canada then the move may be worthwhile.Significant to me is something like twice of what you save over there.A good villa can set you back by around 1500 OMR a month.If you have school going children that can be a major drain as well something like 800 OMR per child per month.

You also need to bear in mind that majority of Bank employees are Omanis and a large number of them are not very productive.