New members of the Turkey forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hey Etiennette, I recently arrived to Alanya and am probably gonna stay for about 2 months, came on a visit to see some family and also enjoy some time off. Would be great to meet up! а еще с русским у меня проблем нет.  :)

I am an Indian dentist having 13 years experience. I am looking for a job in turkey related to dentistry field

I am Mohammed Amine. I am from Morocco. I have been living in Ankara for two years and half. I am a translator (Arabic-English-French). life is great here. The only problem I face is improving my Turkish language. I can hardly meet my everyday needs when it comes to dealing with administrations and bodies as the only spoken language is Turkish. I hope this platform would bring about some change. I want people with whom I can chat; they teach me Turkish and I can teach English and Arabic.. PM me

hi
it's bahar!
i'm 25 and i've started learning turkish language a year ago by myself. i'd really like to fine a job in turkish and live there at least for a short time , to learn the language completely and to know more about the culture of that country.
i've studies master sience in industrial engineering ( financial engineering ) and i also have almost 3 years of working as an acountant and financial manager assistant.
i know english and french too.
since i'm iranian i know Farsi natively.
thanks already for your helps and suggestions!

Hi! I am Adina Oancea, from Romania,i am planning to move in Istanbul in 3 months. I graduate last year University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Bucharest, and now i am interested to find a pharmacist job in a pharmacy or in pharmaceutical companies. I am a fluent speaker of english and i just started to learn turkish. Like a foreigner i know there are some rules being a pharmacist in Istanbul. If anyone knows something about, please let me know. Thank you!

welcome bahar

Hi! My name is Armin (Iranian 40y.o), I'm very new to beutiful Istanbul( 6 Mounths) .
I am a Professional Guitar&Piano Singer and I've been working as "Mosaic Artist" for about 9 years, Also been graduated in Metallurgy Engineering. Hope I can find a job related to my Artistic area! thanks!

Hello everyone. I am native turkish who lives in Ankara. I am here to help expats in ankara. Please feel free to ask for a help.

Hi to all..

Im new here..im working here in hong kong as a  nanny..i already apply to work in turkey but the agency here said they cant process my application because of the new rules...now my contract will end soon...can i ask for any agency in the Philippines were i can apply to work there .

Thank you

Hello Everyone,

Glad to be here, I have been in and out of Expat communities in Istanbul for 5 years. I have a college degree and recently been reaching out for employment opportunities.

I am Turkish, also looking to make some extra money by lending out shared space.

Hey there,

An expat back to home. Studied and worked abroad. I know very well what it's really like to be a foreigner. If you need help or at least a friend, please let me know.

Hı,
İ am new in istanbul,i like to have some friend to socialize,and i am looking for a job in interior design company, but unfortunatly i havnt had any work experiance in that field....
Would you help me if you have any information about that.
Thanks
Neda

Hi , My name is Suhaib , I am currently studying in Istanbul Sehir University , Master's in Data Science .

Hi,

You can find jobs using the following websites:

1. https://www.kariyer.net/
2. Linked- In
3. https://vacanciesinturkey.com/

Welcome Suhaib; how long did it take you to learn Turkish to be able to study in a Turkish University? Thanks

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the jobs section. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello,

I plan to visit Istanbul starting in August 2018. I'll likely remain in the city for a couple months or more. I particularly interested in learning more about the Internet restrictions in Turkey.

Thanks!
Jon

Hi what exactly do you wanna know about it?

I've heard of people having problems with VPNs there due to restrictions. I use one that is operated by my company, which is a small database hosting service in the USA. I don't think it would be affected, but I'm curious to know if others have had problems accessing private VPNs. My goal isn't to access blocked websites and such, but rather to connect to my company's local intranet.

I've also read something about remote screen sharing services such as GotoAssist being blocked, but I'm not sure if that is true or not.

I'm really just looking for peoples' experiences with the regulation of the Internet services there, not for social media and the like, but more for business use.

Hello all, I just found this website today.  I'm hoping to move to western turkey later on this year permanently.  I was wondering if anyone could give advice on looking for a rental property, and details about the leasing agreements.

Thanks in advance, and fingers crossed on my move

I am a U.S. citizen. I live in Arlington,  VA. I ave a Syrian-Turkish background.  I had my B.SC  in foreign trade from from the university of Aleppo. I traveled to London in 1976 where I picked up my English language. After 5 months  of studying English language, I joined the University of East Anglia  in England where I got My Graduate Diploma In Economics.  ThenI joined the university of Stirling  where I got my Masters in Quantitative  Economics. I traveled to the U.S seeking my Ph,.D in monetary  policy. I joined the Office of the Commercial Attache in the position of Economic researcher for a one year contract. I left the Embassy of Saudi Arabia in 2012 after 32 years of employment. I am now retired  as a commercial counselor and enjoying my retirement  life. I am now in Turkey, then I will travel to Germany and Sweden. From Sweden I will be going to England and Scotland. Then I will be  back at home by 20th of September 2018.

My name is Ahmad Hamdi ,
I recently graduated my associate degree from Istanbul Aydin University in Computer Programming , i came here from the US where i was a member of the toastmasters club in Florida Atlantic university , and before that i lived in the UAE , I worked in digital marketing for real estate and tourism companies while i was studying in Istanbul

Hi Berfo,
İ am from İran and i am new in İstanbul i am living here with my husband an 7 yearold dauthere,
İ am searching for job as a trainer  in interior design company.

Hi there,
I'm Furkan from Istanbul, Turkey. I studied Sociology and I've made my master on Social Anthropology. Then as the time goes by, I started to interested in music/musical instruments. I opened my home music studio. I'm producing music as well as teaching English at Wallstreet language schools in Istanbul.
If  I have  free time, I travel abroad rather than going to boring expensive hotels:-)
NIce to meet you all!
You can subscribe my Youtube channel if you wish :-) (Furkan Arisoy)
Enjoy your weekend and sieze the day.

hi everyone i'm a fashion designer can i found a good job in this domain in turkey ?

Hello,
I was in Turkey last month and I'm planning to move to Istanbul mid-september. My partner and i looking for business opportunities (import/export). I am now in France. I'd like to learn Turkish in a good school and  I'm also open to part time job.
i'm a multi-lingual Executive Assistant with more than 7 years experience supplying thorough, organized virtual and on-site administrative support to senior executives
Specialties: TESOL, English as Second Language Instructor
Fluent in french, spanish, creole and english

Warm regards
Edwige

Hi , if someone needs info about Turkey and needs advices , please write me ... :)

Hello! I am here in Istanbul for 2 months and looking for a room to rent. It definitely needs to be furnished because I am here short term.

You can control this page for rental and rooms. You need to click what you want ( all home or one room )

https://www.airbnb.comwww.apartum.com

and if you write on google , ( istanbul kiralik oda ) you can find different alternative .

Check furnished flats for short term rent options in esenyurt and Beylikdüzü area. They might ask for down payment for the full term that you plan to stay.

I am from pakistan now i m living in istanbul with family i am looking jobs

Hi, I'm David a Ugandan living here in Istanbul been here for about 6months
already now. I have a bachelor's in business (Sales and Marketing), Native English Teacher still looking for offers to teach here im an Actor and a Tv/film concept/script writer and host... I'm here currently for English Teaching to help as i connect with friends in Istanbul who are attached to the above fields This ***
Its a pleasure to meet you all on this forum. God bless you

Moderated by Anas 5 years ago
Reason : For your own security,do not share your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi my name is Tammy I will be moving to Turkey next year from Australia but I was born in New Zealand.  I'm moving to Bayir not far from Mammaris any advice welcome

Hey i am new in Istanbul

Thanks Anas

Hello everyone! I'm planning to travel to Antalya and stay/live there for a while. I don't know why but I'm feeling too old (27) for this. Did anyone made the step or does someone else consider this too. How do you guys managed finding work and a place to stay. I would like to read your experiences or your plans so we can exchance things.

Hi 2 all. I m a businessman & looking for a  housekeeper lady in Istanbul.

I'll come to turkey and in need who can host me for 9 night??!

You can try on weekly flats, the prices are ok but ofcourse depends on where you wanna stay.

Hi Everyone,

Just joined the site now.
I impulsively decided to visit Istanbul from 9 to 12 August.

Would there be anyone interested in showing a first-time visitor around a little?

Greetings,

Closed