New members of the Morocco forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi Helen, welcome to Marrakech.

Hello! Just created this profile. Free-lance journalist, experimental music producer and writer. Years suffering of constant wanderlust. Rather eccentric too! I would like to connect with open-minded people with kind hearts, especially those who speak some arabic and enjoy traditional culture. I am not into mainstream, or expensive lifestyle...

I will be possibly moving to Casablanca in June, but my city of choice will be Tangier. I love the long-dead beatnik background of that city-port.

Anyway.
Morocco and Moroccans are the best!

(If you are bored or lonely and need some inspiring conversation, drop me a line!)

Anoush

Hey , I am Kevin From Belgium..
have been coming in morrocco for years as i work as a chef
i ve been working in marrakesh ..el jdida,, azemmour, now in Casa
Any tips just ask ....and i might even let u sleep on my couch for a few nights if you re a descent person ;)
I speak french and spanish too

Hello, Julien
Me and my wife having long break in our country house close to marrakech , unfortunately we decided to sell the house and back to uk , we like to help us how to sell quickly on expat.com
Many thanks.

Hi

I read your ‘book' with great interest....how is the relationship and your plans for a visa?  I am currently in Agadir, Morocco.  Feel free to send me a message.

Sheedar

thanks dear

am from morocco am interesting in web marketing am here to improve my background and share my culture, my knowledge and also my experiences with other people from different countries

Hello I am khan from india. Now living and working in saudi arabia.  I am planning to marry an moroccan girl. What is process of moroccan marriage and what documents need

hey Khan

this is an example for MARRIAGE IN MOROCCO

https://www.anaqamaghribia.com/vb/node/146928

http://www.indianembassyrabat.com/misce … N+MOROCCO#

Dear Julien

Thanks for the welcome

I am an Indian Singapore Resident just landed in Morocco  2 weeks back but have settled renting an apartment here

have joined this forum to know more friends , seek guidance in typical expat issues and contribute as much as possible to new expats joining based on my experience

Wishing you all the best

Kalyan

Welcom dear

Hello shahilbaz . My name is Zak . I have just moved to Morocco and am looking to meet some English speaking folk . Not sure if ur still down here , but if you are how's the environment so far  ?

Hi everybody !!

I'm a french airline pilot, currently living in Edinburgh in Scotland !
I will soon move out to Marrakech for my work :D
That's when I decided to join expat.com, even though I should have done it way before !
For the moment, I am still in the "looking for a flat" phase ! :)

Can't wait to come !

Martin

hi all,

My name is hind,27 years old,moroccan and i am new here, i wanna meet people with different culture that speak english,i am very easy going,i like To learn more about other countries and i love To enjoy my life.

Hope To here from you soon

Hey guys I'm Mohamed.

I was born in Casablanca, Morocco and I moved to Los Angeles, CA when I was 11 years old and I've never came back to Morocco ever since. I'm 24 now and I'm in Casablanca for a few months

Hey all, am from Rabat, working in international Development programs. I am planning to move and I am here to learn more about life in the cities that interest me. wish you all a great weekend

Hey i'm looking for a business partner in Rabat

Hey i'm interested in knowing you, I wanted to become a pilot too but I don't know if it's still possible or not

Watch out for this guy who works at BMCE lala lyakout. His name is ‘Souheil Jamal' and he is a con man. I reported him to the locals and to the u.s embassy. Just a heads up to everybody here

hello all- I am coming to live and work ( as university teacher ) in Tangier late August and am looking for Moroccan acquaintances, potential flatmate(s) , private students. I love Tangier and am looking forward to living here for a while. Hope to meet some of you ! Thanks

Warm welcome to Tangier

thanks- see you some day for a glass of mint tea or something if you want

Hello Expats,

I am an English language teacher from the UK. I have been in Morocco almost two years now, but only joined this forum recently. I currently live in Casablanca.

I hope to get to know the expat community in Casablanca better.

And I must mention I am reading some interesting comments here... Someone suggested foreign investment is a reason to speak the language of the investor and another suggested the global business language is now English. I don't entirely agree with either. I am someone who worked in London before moving here and travelled globally for business. Business people, from different places, speak with each other in English - quite often broken English - as it is the most widely spoken language in the western world, and increasingly in the developing. However, this is done when they are in contact with foreigners whose languages they do not speak. For an example, Chinese people will not speak with each other in English in an office in China, but if a foreign person visits, whether s/he is from Paris or Dubai, they will speak with him in English. Their language is still the official language and how they communicate. English is important as they use it to communicate with foreign clients, it does NOT however replace their language in office or in education. Furthermore, you will find in these offices not everyone speaks English. I found this to be the case in most countries. Most countries are still using their mother tongue and only using English to communicate with foreigners. The only country where I have seen people speaking a foreign language in their offices is here in Morocco.

Investment is good, but it is no reason to lose national identity. Turkey and China are great examples of countries whose economies are doing well and their official languages have not been replaced. Mandarin is now increasingly taught in universities in the UK. Why? Because China is business and speaking her language gives you a competitive edge.

hey im from rabat ... i would like to have friends for all over the world . i think we could help each other in many ways . im from Morocco by the way  so everyone is welcome reply if you are interested I'm going to wait your message if  you're already in Morocco i can set a meeting to know each other better . 😊😇👐

Not all the moroccan people speak a foreign language in the office , there is another people who just speak moroccan dialect , so don't think that all the workers do that
We are proud of our dialect

Hi All,

I must have done my introduction in French, but I am currently restoring my French language. I am French educated at school and university, however I am practicing English since more than 10+ years. I am Lebanese, US CPA certification, moved recently to work in Casa as DAF.

I am hard worker, started already to work long hours. However for the purpose of work/life balance, I have registered here to meet people, integrate and know everything in Morocco :)

I hope I will have the chances to meet new friends and really interact with the society. I am open to speak to anyone from any nationality.

Knowing that in the past 12+ years, I have lived between Lebanon, Dubai, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, UK and West Africa working on either project or permanent roles.

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks,
Antoine

Hello everyone,

I'm Adriana, half Brasilian, half Mexican. I went for vacation to Morocco early this year and I felt alive! I am trying to find a job in Casablanca or Rabat because I'm really trying to move there. I have applied to some teaching ads but still waiting for a reply. I speak English, Spanish and Portuguese.

If anyone can help me out, I will really appreciate it! <3

Ok then...
My name is Adrienne (Malika down here). I'm from the USA and I have lived here a bit more than 4 years. I'm married to a Moroccan man and we live in (Tamazight). He grew up down here, in Boumalne Dades. We bought a house here last year. 
I'm retired from the US government so I'm not concerned with having a job here.
I speak English, tourist Mexican Spanish, trying to learn more French , as well as Tamazight. I used to speak Japanese, but it's been years now, same with Dutch. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I enjoy staying home with my quilting, beading, reading, etc. A lot of the time, but we also get out a lot. Walking, visiting his friends, going to see his mom, etc.
We usually only make it up to Marrakech once in a while. Usually when I am traveling back and forth to Arizona to visit my mother.
We have no kids, but two sweet kitties.

Howdy guys and gals,

Planning to be in Rabat, Morocco next year probably January 1, hence I Am looking for  2 and / or 3 bedroom apartment either new or used no big deal as long as its location in Agdal or near Riyad vicinity. I hope some one can guide me to contact a trustworthy estate agent with whom I can strick a deal. Thank you so much in advance for making the effort you put behind this wonderful forum to make it practically useful.
Richy

Since you are in Rabat, I presume you can, hopefully, Richy name few venues which are safe and secure plus reasonable prices are asked for new or used apartments.

Thanks
Richy

Salaam,
I'm new to the forum and desiring to relocate to Casablanca, Morocco. I traveled there last year and enjoyed the country and culture. Currently, I live in the USA and I would appreciate any information on how to transition to Morocco, jobs, housing and any other information. Thank you

Hi all;
I am from morocco; live in Marrakech.
I would to welcome you guys to this beautiful city firt; and then offer assistance.
Plz feel free to contact me.
Cheers

Hello there,

Any info about how to transition from USA to Morocco will be highly appreciate it :)

Hi my name is Firas, I have moved from the UK with my work to Casablanca in July 2018, I am finding my way around in this great city. I would welcome direct contact and open to meeting new people.

Hey there I'm actually new to this forum so I'm actually quite nervous though I need to ask questions to get advice. My name is Sheila and I'm from the UK and my fiancée is morrocan. We are planning on getting married and I know I have to submit documents and including a police background check. I do have convictions and I'm just wondering will our marriage application get refused because of it I'm so worried. Having had failed bad relationships and domestic violence for years from a previous relationship I feel like now I've found the right man in every way I feel like my past has come to give me a final bite. It just seems complicated this process I need to do in order to get married finally.

Hi guys I'm moving to Morocco in October for my gap year, I'm  from London but my father is moroccan. I'm on here to find a job (hopefully) and some new friends preferably English or french speaking since my Darija isn't great 😂. 
Feel free to send me a message

Hey anyone here in fes city ?

@ Snnuup > Can you please introduce yourself?

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

My name is yassine I'm 21 years old Moroccan native , i live in Fes city and I'm currently studying English at the university

Closed