Whats living like in Morocco for Americans

Good Evening Everyone,

My Husband is considering a job transfer to Morocco, and I am wondering what it is like for Americans in Morocco. We have two children 11 and 3..Are there any areas to avoid, whats the food and shopping like, and of course the schools??

I have never traveled out of the US, but my Husband is retired Army and is used to traveling we have only been married a yr, and I am very excited about this opportunity for our newly blended family..

Please give any advice that you can!!

Hi texasgirl1215 and welcome to Expat.com!

Good luck,
Harmonie.:)

In which part of Morocco are you going to live with your family?

Im not from America but i think since you never have been here before it will be a small culture shock for you to change to Morocco then the life is just very different in a muslim country of North Africa.

But i believe it too that if you are open minded, flexible and can handle some challenges then you will like it to make this extraordinary experience :)

Gabi

oh hi.well morocco here for sure it s too different from usa.but again not very conservative islamic country like middle east .it s more open here and much linked to europe than to africa.here the problem maybe u ll be facing is that not many people  speak english.french is the second language here.but anyway im sure u ll find some english expat here as well as some moroccans who can speak english and i am one of those people who love to get interacted with english sepaking people.so in case u need anything anything dont hesitate to contact me ok.

with love

good luck