Hiya!

Hi...
My name is Wendy....

I Love Morocco....

Considering moving there in a few years.

Is it easy to find cheap accommodation, and would it be easy to move...regarding documents...visas etc..any feedback would be very welcome!

Hi

Welcome to morocco.

From which country you are?

dont come to live    let the romance stay alive by visiting only

I live in the UK....in Devon...I'm coming back to Morocco the end of Jan next year for another holiday.....can't wait!:D

Hello

I think you don't need a visa.

Then you haven't to worry so much the life here ie much cheaper than in England.
Welcome for any other help.

Hi,

Ian coming in January for another holiday...but If I wanted to move to morocco to live I think I would need a visa. Is it easy to find cheap accommodation...and work there?

Hi

From now to jan you have enough time. Then as i told you the life isn't too expensive you can rent a simple flat of 2 rooms for +/- 2000 dh even less depending in which city and in which area.
For the visa i think you come as a tourist and when you find work ( i don't know what you do) you can have visa for a long time. Any way you have to do the first steps before thinking of the visa.

yes u need a working visa   you will need a sponsor    tourist viss 3 month     the main cities are not cheap   maybe when u first arrive and are spending uk pound but if u do work and are living off  MAD its a whole different story     can you speak fluent moroccan arabic or french ?  if not what would u do as a job

LOL! ;o)~

It is hard to find employment, even for natives! Good Luck!

Hi - welcome.

Maximum stay is 90 days (3 months on a normal trip for uk)

You can apply for a residency permit. You just need to register with a police station and provide some documents.
They do a quick interview and take photos and some information.

Heres a great write i found online.

Hello there,

I am a European resident of Morocco and have had my 2 CN (carte nationale) for about 6 years. Here is some accurate information based on my own experiences of getting my first 2 cards.

Firstly, there is no requirement of any kind to register with the Police or even your own country's consulate. As long as you don't break the law or work for money, you can do pretty much as you like. You are free.

You apply for a residents card at the local Police Commissariat in the town where you are living.

Every applicant may be given an informal interview of. You may not even be aware that you are in an interview - but the answers you give to questions will determine whether you pass, or not.

The requirements differ somewhat slightly in different areas of Morocco. Below I will mention the common requirements of all areas, then the specific requirements of Tangier and Agadir - which are the two that I can accurately describe, by my experience with both offices.

1) Photocopies of the 2 pages in your passport that have your ID details and entry stamp into Morocco.

2) Fiscal stamps from a Tabac at the currently required amount of the fee. The commissariat will tell you how much.

All cards (except for French passports) are issued for one year at first. Renewals are issued for five years the second time around (except for US passports, which get 10 years for the second card) and then for ten years for the third card for all other nationalities. French nationals can get a 10 year card from the very beginning.

3) Copy of your birth certificate or marriage certificate.

4) One of the following: either

a) Photocopy of proof of ownership of a property or

b) Photocopy of a Property Rental Contract.

The Commissariat office does not accept monthly rent receipts of a furnished property for a residents card, but they may accept it for a tourist visa extension (in Agadir.)

I know a man in Agadir who lives in furnished flat and has been a tourist in Morocco for over 40 years. He has to leave the country every three months because his landlady won't give him a contract and he doesn't want to move because his rent is cheap.

5) Proof of your possession of a Moroccan bank account in the form of an "Attestation Bancaire". This is proof from your bank to confirm the balance that you hold. In English it is known as a bank letter. My bank (BMCE) charged me a low 150 dirhams for this document.

6) Proof of monthly income. This is the "gotcha" for young people and will exclude a lot of people.

Unless you can prove that you have a monthly income, you will not get a residents card. The only two exceptions to this are:

a) that you already have a business visa or

b) that you already have an official work permit (very hard to get, unless you are married to a Moroccan, are a teacher in a language school or with the US Peace Corps.)

The above requirement is the reason why the majority of overseas residents in Morocco are retired persons - they can prove their monthly retirement pension.

Unless ALL of the above documents are in Arabic or French, you must then take the whole lot to a RECOGNISED translation agency to have them translated into French. Ask them for photocopies for yourself while you are there. There is usually no extra charge. I paid 100 dirhams for each document when I had mine translated. THE COMMISSARIAT WILL NOT ACCEPT TRANSLATED DOCUMENTS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN TRANSLATED BY A LOCALLY RECOGNISED AGENCY.

All of the above documents (in French or Arabic) must then be officially notarised at the local Baladia. Un-notarised documents will not be accepted.

Regional additional requirements:

In Tangier, you must have at least 200,000 (two hundred thousand) dirhams in your bank account. No overseas bank monthly standing order bank deposit is required in Tangier.

In Agadir, you must prove that you have an overseas bank monthly standing order into your Moroccan bank account of at least 350 Euros a month. Don't cancel the bank mandate after you get your card. You will required to take all of your bank statements with you when you go to renew your card after the first year. No big 200,000 dirhams deposit required in Agadir.

When you present your dossier at the Commissariat, you will receive a temporary paper confirming your residency. Make a note of your CN number, just in case you lose this paper. From then on, you are in the computer as a resident of Morocco.

You can then ship your furniture from Europe tax free during the first six months from the date of this paper. You will need a letter from your consulate to do this tax free. You will need to move quickly if you want to do this. I missed out on this because nobody (not even my consul) could tell me if the six months tax-free period was from the date of the paper or the date of the card. I found out too late that it is from the date of the temporary paper.

Be aware that you need an export licence to take your furniture out of Morocco in the future - and you may not get one. That's how come you see a lot of European furniture for sale in the local flea markets.

Your proper CN card will arrive any time between one month and eight months later (depending on the region you live in.)

You will need to show your card with your passport whenever you leave or arrive in Morocco. Technically, entry or exit can be refused without your card. I know of people who forgot, and they had no problems, but the possibility of refusal is there.

When you get your CN card, your life will change considerably. Moroccans have a lot of respect for people who get a CN card. You will notice the difference.

Hope the above info helps. I will edit this page periodically if the information changes.

You can buy a cheap property or rent,
but it will not be in the popular tourist areas.

Expect it in a slightly rural location or a little away from the city centre.

I found it good value for money being slightly out the way compared to being in the city centre/tourist trap.

hello and welcome to morocco , considering accommodation it depends the place where u 'll live in so u'll find in some places high price and in other place low price :) . working in morocco it's not that easy especially in finding a job but , try to applly to some vacany job who knows u may find something