Best place to live

Good evening..I like to move to paraguay together with my husband.Where is the best and safe place to live in there?thank you

Hi. We have just bought a house in Aregua which we like and think is safe. We dont like Asuncion

Okay..I sont know something about paraguay ..So i came here to know more about paraguay..Thanks a lot for the reply..how much is the house there?

I am moving to Asuncion with my wife next month. The area we are looking at is called carmelita. We found a new high rise with security 24 hours and is very centric to all things in Asuncion.

I need advise on the following:
Nanny
daily driver
expat hangouts
expat activities
any other advise that will help us get acquainted with the area.

asuncion shameless is not a very good city to live because of the worse administration

I like cities as villarrica 

towns around encarnacion as honeau
  or towns around ciudad del este as santa rita

It all depends on what you need and like!!  I personally prefer Asuncion over any other city in the country because of all the activities and nightlife available.  Asuncion is full of modern shopping malls (La Galeria, Shopping del Sol, etc), movie theaters, theaters in general, cultural events, pubs with live rock bands (Kilkenys for example), high and medium end restaurants for all tastes (american (Hard Rock Cafe, TGI Fridays, etc), chinese, indian, italian, etc), concerts, etc.  Asuncion also has modern high rise apartment and corporate buildings and the best schools in the country.  However, its traffic is terrible during rush hours and the roads really need some fixing and painting. 

If you prefer a more rural and slow paced atmosphere I would suggest living outside the major cities.

I have just moved to Paraguay and would like to meet other South Africans. Email ***

Moderated by Alexia 5 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal details for your own security
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct