Least expensive city to live in Paraguay

I am planning on coming to Paraguay hopefully in a few months and I was wondering where is the least expensive city to live in Paraguay and a place where I can stay in that area pretty cheap

Hi moore69,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Your topic has been introduced as a new thread on the Paraguay forum for better visibility.

I wish you good luck
Christine

Hi moore69
Besides the middle of the Chaco, take your pick, though I guess in city's like Encanacion, Cuidad del Este, Villa Rica and so on... rent will be cheaper than here in the Capital city Asuncion and areas around it.

Villarrica is nice, there are lots of things around, good restaurants, and it is cheaper than Asuncion.  I remember a friend paid 175 usd per month for a nice apartment in Villarrica, 2 bedrooms, bathroom living room, kitchen (one big area).

As Nico says, anywhere but Asuncion and metro area.  Even CDE and Encarnacion is a bit expensive compering to Villarrica o Pilar (another good choice).

Best,

I've always really liked Encanacion, it's a nice size, very clean and well laid out mid sized city. 

For small towns I really like one called Yegros, a smaller town in departamento Caazapa.  It's very idyllic and "off the beaten path".  From what we saw of land prices it's also much cheaper than around ASU to buy property.  And unlike the Chaco, you won't need a Land Rover to get there :)