Single, unmarried teacher and daughter wanting to move to UAE

Hi! I have had an offer of a teaching post in Abu Dhabi, but Im concerned about the sponsoring of my daughter being a potential issue. . .I was never married to her father and he is not a part of our lives at all, so getting a ‘no objection' letter is not an option for me. His name is on her birth certificate. Do I need to rule out the prospect of working in the Middle East altogether. . .? Has anybody else had experience as a single Mum/Dad working over there? Many thanks x

they don't care here as long as you have proof she is your child the rest is history

Hi,
I am Aniket here.

I am staying in Abu Dhabi since March 2017.I have recently joined here after completing my Bachelors in Electrical Engineering from India. So if you need any help regarding anything about UAE, please be free to ask me. I will surely help you out ..!

I am friendly guy who likes to get connected with different people with different cultures. I like to explore new culture.

I dont think there will be any hurdles in getting the visa for your daughter. Even, the school in which you will be joining, they will help you out for you daughters VISA..!

And welcome to Abu Dhabi..!

Thanks

Hi I'm also a single mother of a daughter in the same position. I have an interview next week for a teaching post and would be very grateful of any interview tips x

Hi ?

I also have the same issue, i'm working in dubai and i have a daughter 3 years old , i never ever been married with the father of my daughter and he's not even taking care of her daughter. I tried many times calling immigration but nothing they can do because they says to spondor your child here you need to be married, divorce, widow or if not like our case you need a custody verdict from your home country . I don't know if you find a way to sponsor your daughter but i will be happy if you tell me also how you make it.

Thanks

You can sponsor but it needs to be submitted to General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs in the UAE as a special case.  Steps are:

1) Get your visa, Emirates ID and a residential address / Ejari
2) Your must meet the salary requirements to sponsor dependents
3) You would need to submit the birth certificate / NOC from father or custody documents which have to be attested by ministry of foreign affairs and uae embassy in the home country as well as by MOFA in UAE (they must be in English or Arabic - if not, translation to Arabic needed). As well as any other documents which they highlight.  Usually, these special cases e.g. sponsoring indirect relatives or your case are referred to a committee (don't remember what it's called) which takes 1-2 weeks to issue a decision
4) Once approval is given, you can then proceed on the normal route for visa issuance

I have had an experience with this some years ago for a friend but I assume that the process would be the same now.  I remember receiving the approval document in the Bur Dubai office and then walking over to the typist with this document (and the other normal visa requirements), filing application and then getting the entry visa on the spot. 

The key is the approval.   Most immigration staff are not helpful or well informed.  You need to go to the Bur Dubai main office, walk inside the building to the left and choose the counters which deal with special cases (don't remember if there was a sign) - they are usually empty but with people sitting there :)

Hi
I am in a very similar position with being a single parent.  I have recently started researching teaching in Dubai.  I haven't applied for a job yet.  I would really appreciate any information you can share about your experience of job hunting, education for your child and any issues you faced being a single parent.

Are you now working in Dubai?

Thanks in advanced for your help
AOD

Hi
I am a single parent hoping to teach in Dubai.  I haven't applied for a job yet, just trying to do some research.  What issues if any, have you faced as a single parent?
Any information you have about your application process will be really useful, if you don't mind sharing  I would really appreciate it.

Good luck with your interview!

Reagrds
AOD

Hi, I am in a very similar position with being a single parent.  I have recently started researching teaching in Dubai.  I haven't applied for a job yet.  I would really appreciate any information you can share about your experience of job hunting, education for your child and any issues you faced being a single parent.

Are you now working in Dubai?

Thanks in advanced for your help
AOD

Hi all
I have a friend who was a divorcee and was working out here. She wanted to sponsor her son but the immigration needed an NOC fro the father who had never been in the picture.
She managed to get the sponsorship and has been here working for 5 years.

Yes, I already provided the full process in Post #6 earlier.  NOC is the easiest route.

Did you manage to do it ?
I need some advice please :)

Did you manage to do it ?

Hi guymer,

If you can go visit the government web site there is an option to chat you will get all informations

Thanks xx