Kayaking in Malta

Does anybody here kayak?

We are interested in finding somewhere to get started, have no experience, no equipment, no sense of self preservation..grin.

I have seen the sites for the Malta Canoe Racing Club and the Malta Canoe Federation but other than that it seems to be 'tourist' type excursions. 

Is there anywhere that you can go to give it a try and see if you should pursue it as a personal sport or just take up knitting?

Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks :D:D:D

I'm not speaking from experience, but last summer when I joined their facebook group one of my very active Maltese co-workers told me they were very good - I'm talking about: seakayakmalta.com/ and on FB they are : facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Rugged-Coast-Adventures-LTD/101133939670?sk=info

If I didn't have a rotator cuff injury I'd be doing this myself.

Good kuck
Tim

Thanks Tim.

Will check them out.
:)

hi, we do quite a bit of kayaking here, our club is in valletta, near where the sliema ferry berths. we meet saturdays at 2:30 and sunday mornings. Cheers.

There are companies in Gozo - one I know of is Gozo Adventures

gozoadventures.com/

xnu wrote:

hi, we do quite a bit of kayaking here, our club is in valletta, near where the sliema ferry berths. we meet saturdays at 2:30 and sunday mornings. Cheers.

Hiya,

Is it OK to just turn up and have a go or do you need to be a club member etc?

We have no equipment so it would be a case of try it and see.

Many thanks
Jules
x

Please, please tell me when!!! I'll have the camera ready and better yet ... get yer old man to do it as well ... deffo a youtube moment hehe.

snigger.  bog off mister... haha
:D
and it won't be me Kayaking anyway...so there...x

lucyanya wrote:
xnu wrote:

Hiya,

Is it OK to just turn up and have a go or do you need to be a club member etc?

We have no equipment so it would be a case of try it and see.

Many thanks
Jules
x

Hi Jules
It would be better if you let me know, don't just turn up as there might not be equipment available (summer is here and it can be quite busy). Yes we will provide all necessary equipment. We are affiliated with the Malta Canoe Federation, no need to become a member, we cater for guests and hold taster sessions. Please check our facebook page (look for Seakats or Malta Sea Kayak Club).
Looking forward to meeting some expats!
Damian

Hi Damian,

Many thanks

Hope to see you soon.
Jules
x

Photos on the site look great and I have a waterproof camera prepared.  Great info, Thank you !