6 Nations Rugby

I am wondering if anyone knows of any nice child friendly pubs that will be showing the 6 nations rugby?

Le Luci Di Marsascala - you will find it on facebook! :)

By child friendly do you mean they allow children or that your children would enjoy it? I think all bars in malta pretty much allow children - anyway Black Gold in Sliema usually shows the six nations and I've seen children in there before. Usually a decent crowd of rugby players watching as well.

Thank you for your suggestion! By child friendly I meant not too rowdy. My 3 year old daughter quite likes watching rugby but I wouldnt want to take her to a very busy pub. Usually we watch the games at home (in the UK) but I am guessing that they are not shown on Maltese tv?? We will go to the Black Gold anyway. Thanks again!x

To watch it at home you have several options:

1. I think Go has the TV rights for Malta for the 6 Nations Championship so you would need to be a subscriber with them and their Go Sports package;

2. BBC has the UK rights so you could watch it via iPlayer and a suitable UK based VPN or Proxy server (I know this will prompt posts about the legality, but it's a fact that it's possible...I'm not advocating it just stating that it's possible);

3. There are numerous websites that will be streaming it live - some have the rights and some don't, some are pay sites and some aren't. A site like myp2p.eu would be a good place to go for links to such sites.

Tim

Tim- You just made my day!!
My hubby has Go sports package already in his apartment, however the package needs to be moved from one address to another. (My hubby is in Malta already and I am moving Feb 28th). There is a period of 2 weeks of moving from the apartment to our new home until the Ireland v Wales game (Im Welsh). So I hold a bit of hope that Go may have transfered the tv by then....However I am really happy that if they fail, then I have other options to try.
Thank you!xx

No problem - glad to help. Sites like bet365 and unibet often show live sports events that aren't otherwise easily available. I just watched a footie match that way (via the link in my other post) the quality of the feed was pretty poor, but it's better than nothing. You may have to register at the betting site websites first.

Tim

Somenone from another forum I know just suggested this website - I can't vouch for it and am simply quoting them, but thought I would pass it on:

"you can, for $99, get the whole tournament on-line. Here is the link:premiumsportsinc.com/watch-online.html

I found the website lacking in detail and so emailed them directly;
they said every match would be available live and would also be
available for replay on demand, so you can catch up with those you
missed."

Tim

Thank you again!!
As I now have a few suggestions and new ways of watching the games, my only hope now is that Wales will actually win....!! First game is the all important Wales v England this Friday. Still in Cardiff at the moment though so I am going to watch this game in the centre of town, surrounded by loads of drunken welsh fans and then celebrate/ commiserate until the early hours!Its going to be my last home game for a while! Sob, sob!!

I just noticed that the Portside Lounge shows the Rugby games

http://www.portside.com.mt/sports/index.cfm?sportsID=12

Tim