Switch residence/work permit

Hello all,
If I get residence/work permit class B and I want to do business in Tanzania, can I apply for residence/work permit class A there? is it in general possible to switch permit while being already in Tanzania?

Thank you


Class B permit is specific for the employement, which allows him/her to work in specific mention company. Whereas you will disallowed to do any business activity.

Secondly, you can’t switch or transfer the class in between. You have to apply from the start if your intention or purpose of living is change.

New topic

Expatriate health insurance in Dar es Salaam

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Dar es Salaam

Moving to Dar es Salaam

Find tips from professionals about moving to Dar es Salaam

Travel insurance in Dar es Salaam

Enjoy stress-free travel to Dar es Salaam