Employer cheating on final settlement

morning to all,

Today my last working day in oman.
i resigned 3 months before same date H.R terminated me & not informed me.
now on my settlement paper my last 2 months salary is missing, accounts person telling G.M informed to cut last two months salary.
what about Leave salary & Gratuity?? both will be calculated upto last working day or the date which i resigned??
Today night flight ticket booked by company.

Please help me..

Hi Sam Kannan

I am sorry to hear that your services have been terminated in this way, but never mind. Your sponsor can not force you to leave the country without obvious reasons. You strongly  have the right to claim your professional rights based on the contract if you have a copy of it.

Honestly, YOU , as An EXPATRIATE, here in Oman have the Law in your right hand just look for it throughout the ligal decuments, contacts, agreements, etc. and ask for that.

Since you have not enough time to take any further action now, you have to do some thing. When you get to the airport , tell the accounter desk/officer that you do not want to leave and you still have not  got all your rights yet in terms of gratuity, money , etc and he will not activate the ticket. He will tranfer your issue to the concerned autherity.

I  that will take too much time and long procedures, so if you are do not want to leave right now I reccommend you to look for an other sponsor and you bear such cost of transation.

I hope that will help you
Regards,

sam kannan wrote:

morning to all,

Today my last working day in oman.
i resigned 3 months before same date H.R terminated me & not informed me.
now on my settlement paper my last 2 months salary is missing, accounts person telling G.M informed to cut last two months salary.
what about Leave salary & Gratuity?? both will be calculated upto last working day or the date which i resigned??
Today night flight ticket booked by company.

Please help me..

Hi sam kannan,

I do not know if you have already left the country. If not, you can refuse to exit until and unless all your pending dues have been cleared in full.

You can also report about your employer / sponsor harassing you, to the Ministry of Manpower officials at the airport (the place where they cancel the employee's visas before their departure).

You do not have to be cowed down by your employer's unfair actions.

Fight back.

In any case, you have lost your job. You have nothing further to lose except your precious money.

At least go back with some of your hard earned money without sacrificing it.

And with your dignity intact.

Good luck.