Marriage fraud

That's so good... in the real estate is it business properties or housing. Did the woman you were with take from you in your business portion.. if too upsetting to talk about it's ok. I hope you recovered and feel better now

In real estate for both business properties and housing in rehab and madinaty area,about the woman i was deal with ,she was should gave my 50% as she told me after giving her my share in her trade,but she denied our agreement,in business the paper agreement is everything to rely on.

Hopefully you can collect from her...but it seems no matter how well you may think you can trust someone in business or relationship it's hard to be sure. People do strange things for money and loose in life in the long run. I'll look in those areas online are they by Cairo just curious how much housing is. I know when I rent a flat in Hurghada it's very good but small. Thank you for your time as you can tell I'm on holiday today hhh

Housing in Rehab and madinty is expensive to hurghada,hurghada as city is more beatiful,and full of lovely seeings,i prefere more to stay there but we dont choose much for our life,as a comparison i suggest hurghada for you more than cairo,people do not act by strange way towards money as i told ,money is just tool not aim by itself,better choices you take the more better life you earn,hope the best for all our expats fellows

Is there any way we can connect? I plan on also marrying an Egyptian man, I don't think he's trying to use me but I have questions for you if you don't mind. 😊

Ahlen, I happened to stumble across your post and thought perhaps I could help you if you had any questions re: your Egyptian guy and the relationship and potential marriage. I am Palestinian American and I have been  married to my Egyptian husband for 11 years and have 4 children; we live in Maadi Cairo and Minneapolis USA . There are certainly a high percentage of bad seeds out there so it is smart to be aware-my Concern is the fact that you are even questioning the possibility that he may not be legit or sincere already, what, if anything, has led you to consider that possibility? If you're even asking about the potential for him to scam you, it may very well be that you already know or suspect that he is not being genuine pr honest. Feel free to msg me with more details etc and I will try my best to advise you

One of the simplest ways of understanding a local Egyptian (man's) financial status is to ascertain whether or not he has a bank account in his name and a bank card.

Understanding Egyptian culture is to understand Islamic law which civil laws in Egypt are derived from. Educate yourself about Egypt and it's culture, which is the context for any relationship with a local. The economic status of the entire country is an issue affecting the quality of life and prospects for most Egyptians. You cannot measure it by Western standards. Neither can you be surprised that there are plenty of unscrupulous charlatans looking to exploit foreigners. The issue is not peculiar to Egypt it's an economic global phenomenon. Also... Western women are not always the victim they play. It's an equitable exchange, older women want a young man and sex and from the start they use their money and status as a leveraging power tool. They are typically outsmarted by the notorious wooing talents of Egyptian men. They are just loathed to admit it.

It is highly unlikely that most Egyptian men you meet are not already married to an Egyptian woman with children. The wife is not always objectionable to her husband marrying a foreign woman and sometimes complicit,  just happy to have the opportunity to have (perceived)  solid financial wealth through a foreign woman. and marriage up to 4 women  is permissible. Can you envisage yourself as the second wife? Can you understand the obligations on that Egyptian man to support his family in dire economic circumstances? If you seek western values... Marry a Western man.

As I understand it, it's quite a complex and expensive process just to obtain a tourist visa to visit the UK.

An excellent contribution and very well written .. first class ..

Thank you. All the best to everyone.

I married an Egyptian man a few years younger than me, he is nice with me but also does not help me at all and i am now 9 months pregnant waiting for the US to approve him to come to the United states, he has had a job here and there while remaining in Egypt and has only sent me $85 to buy the baby things, which we all know is not a lot of money. He knows im upset that he has not been putting a lot of effort in finding a job that he told me yesterday he will start working on Monday. I feel disappointed that he didn't think it was important enough to start working months before to help me with his first child. I cry everyday because now im not sure if this love was even real to him.

inbox me ad we ll talk
thanks

Hi everyone,

Please note that some posts (inflammatory and off topic posts)  have been removed from the forum.

Thank  you,

Priscilla

Thanks we really appreciates​ your efforts to keep it by that way!

Greetings

Dear Leila,

Regarding your inquiry, sure marriage is facing huge problems, for plenty of cons. Most of the people in Arab world are liars so be careful; moreover, if I was you I wouldn't take a tour in any Arabian country, under any circumstance; Africa is just the worst continent ever in the world.

Best regards

Was there any response to this?  I have a similar story.

Leila999 wrote:

I need help . I don't know if mine is fraud or not . I'm four years older , I'm in shape / attractive etc but he does say his mom is sick a lot
He says when he's here he wants to send 100 a month home to cover his mothers medical expenses .

Look  Leila ,

for me i would hate myself asking my wife for money , specially every month and you have to know being an Egyptian man  it is not easy to ask for money from a wife or women thats embarrassing  ,So if that a regular situation make sure u are getting abused . Here in Egypt  the man should pay cost of living and food as much as he can But if the wife and husband at the same age and most new marriages  at these days , they share everything  paying rents and expenses to live a good life together as they have a limited salaries that can get their expenses together . you have  to know why his salary can not afford his expense just dig about it .

Does anyone know how much an urfi marriage should cost in total,  with a lawyer in Luxor?
Not going to get scammed - just writing a book and need to know asap!
Thank you.

Egypt is Egypt ... and the price can vary considerably and will very much depend on who is asking ...
If you are two Egyptians it could be low .. 1000 LE or less ...
If you are an Egyptian man with a western woman ... and the man tells the Lawyer she has money and can pay then say 5,000 LE ... but he wants to have sex with her without having trouble with the police so he may argue it down if she is shy about paying ..
If you are an Arab with an Egyptian woman ..  10,000 LE or more ...
If you are a western man (got to be Muslim and prove it if the woman is Muslim) with an Egyptian woman then 10,000 LE or more..

There is no standard price ... the price will be as much as you can be taken for if you are a non Egyptian ...

Many thanks for the quick response.
All very informative. I have been going to Luxor for many years, studying the culture not the history, although sometimes they cross!
Asked a few western ladies from time to time what they paid the lawyer. Cheapest since the devaluation seems to be about 2000le, which I suppose isn't too bad for Luxor!!!
Don't think it takes too long to sort and just wondered what the lawyer's approx hourly rate could possibly be for a simple task, even on the top side!
I have found it inconvenient not to have an urfi, as I have a good friend (not a lover) for the last eight years and without this, I can't travel with him outside of Luxor, which restricts my research, unless I am alone and as I go off the beaten track, feel safer to be with an Egyptian that I trust!

Good stuff ... best of luck 😆👍

wish i knew that!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks so much . but they fear god right? so haram
this is appalling hearing of all these stories and its absolutely disgusting

Deleted for safety

They fear god supposedly,
But they still commit evil acts because they think by prayer they are forgiven.

It doesn't work like that.

From 200 to 500 at most

Hello, jist for the quriosty, how ur relation went? I am moreless in the same situation so i asked, my apologies if i am crossing anything. Regards

Hi hun inbox me and we can chat I'm here to help xoxoxo

Sorry this happen to you but in all honestly  I am just being truthful. I would not marry an Egyptian  not unless he is already  living abroad and have his papers and what not. I find that most Egyptian men are looking for foreigners and a ticket out of Egypt  Soon as they get that they will dump you and go marry one of their relatives that their parents picked out. Sad to say but I have seen it . Even the ones who claim to be truth worthy you have to watch them as well as they will turn on you in a heart beat .

Can't deny the fact that a lot of Egyptians can be flirtatious, can be play boys, can fool you around just to fulfill their own benefits and sometimes one woman is never enough, but when it comes to falling in real love they are too passionate, too warm, too gentle and very kind, so I believe that the main key to guarantee that you find yourself the right Egyptian husband is to be sure that he is well raised (Good family roots and values) well educated well travelled and above all financially capable, then he will never be in need of your money or your country visa and residence, in fact such a man can hardly think of immigrating or leaving his beloved country cause he already lives like a king where he belongs and enjoy his life the way it is.

Leila, five years ago you had your opinion and fears which you showed through your post "Marriage Fraud" where I had the pleasure to be the last one to reply to that post with my own opinion :) Now after all those years I'm really interested to know do you still have that opinion and still keep those fears ?? :)

Hi lelia,
I have just returned from Egypt to the UK today be very careful my scam was he wanted 3000 english pounds to pay for his sister wedding he only found out today I left Egypt this ask for money was before I even got to Egypt in November please check things out best as you can

@Misterbig_Ireland

Hi i really need your help or your wife's i would appreciate it a lot.
Hello
@aroojjyyy
What did you need ?

@aroojjyyy OK... let me know what you need?

@Misterbig_Ireland some one messaged me needing help . So maybe wasn't you sorry .

no hassle... 

@Leila999 I agree, its very ugly. 👍

@smoddy orfi its not marrige. You cant stay in any hotel together with urfi. Only normal marrige allows. Lawyers make money on this urfi. Its not registered anywhere. Its cheating

@CRUZ Habebe any updates?
Everyone needs to know of an Islamic fake marriage called orfi which means they can have sex with you without lodging the paperwork to ministry of justice.
Marriage fraud is rife all over Egypt. Women who are foolish enough to fall for it and it's usually Russians and Ukranians are ignorant of the fact that they're being used as cash cows to fund the man's Egyptian wife and children. They are not respected, but abused emotionally and physically as the man they have been duped into marrying is an ignorant thug.

I witnessed one such sham marriage in Al Ahyia where an educated Ukranian woman women who worked in the travel industry married an uneducated thug from Qena. She was a widow and vulnerable. He abused her emotionally and physically and I do not know why she has not left him as he has taken over her life and her apartment. There are so many sad cases like this in Egypt and women fall for these ignorant thugs who are no more than parasites and con men.