Life in Norway with kids

Hi everyone!

My husband got a job offer in Oslo, we've got a 2 year old daughter  and  would like to know hows life in Norway with kids?
I've read and heard some pretty horrible  stuff about Norwegian Child welfare , they are even being investigated by the European Human rights due to so many protests around the world.

Has anyone here  had an encounter with Barnevernet? 
Do you know someone who has had?

Even if you never had any problems with them I still would like to know if you're enjoying life there with you kids.

many thanks

hmm so I guess there's not many parentes in this group then ...

I have a daughter in Norway.  She is 2 years old now.  She is borned in Norway.

I have no experience with Barnevernet.  As long as you do not practise physical disciplinery on your child , you have nothing to worry.  we do not believe in physical punishment in our family.

My colleague had experience with Barnevernet when their daughter (4yrs old) lied to the barnehagen people that her daddy will hit her.  They had to go through 3 months of meetings with the police to prove that her daughter was lying.

Thanks for the response!  :top:

Jcixpat wrote:

hmm so I guess there's not many parentes in this group then ...

You have to understand, we are all are all volunteers even the "Advisors and Experts" and have our own lives. You have to be patient, sometimes, information has to be looked up too.

Thank you for your understanding.

SimCityAT
Expert Team

:top:

Hello.
I was reading your post. And I have a few comments on "barnevernet"

On the internet you can find all kinds of "news" and scandals about this.
The most important thing to remember.
Anyone can say what they want, can come with only there experience of the situation and can... if they want... just lie.
Barnevernet can not and will never speak about specific cases. All in the interest of the child.
It will never happend that they will say what is the case and what are the proofs in a other place then the court of law.

I can not say Barnevernet never make mistakes. But like is written on the nett. It's plain bullshit.
I will say 99,99% of it is just nonsense, bullshit and lies.

Just remember... Norway is a law country. And also the place where is less corruption in the world. And people do become responsible for there actions if they go out of the law.

So my firm belive is that Barnevernet is a good thing in Norway. We need them.. unfortunately.

So my 2 cents in a conclusion:
Barnevernet is really good.
They will Never just show up on your door and take a child (like the internet say) if there is no urgent danger for your child.
Barnevernet will All ways want to know all sides of the story. If there ever will be anything. The first step is a meeting.
Barnevernet job is to make the child good and happy WITH the parents as long as it's safe for the child. (If there is a problem)
Barnevernet have much resources to help parents that is going true a hard time.
If you ever find yourself as a parent in a very difficult situation that affects your child. (Sickness, health, alcohol, drugs etc etc) just call them and talk to them. They can help you.

So what you read on the internet is nonsense.
Barnevernet is a good thing.

Just a little about me... since I have so much Faith in Barnevernet.
I grow up in the receiving end of Barnevernet. That means in those cases they (barnevernet) had to take children away from the parents. They (the children) came to our family. (Fosterhjem, avlastningshjem & krisehjem)
So I know how this children are when they finally get away from there parents. And unfortunately there was many :(
I even can take it so far... that in my opinion... more children should have been picked up much faster.

So basicly... no offence.. if you love your children and are ok normal. No problem
If you are addict or have strange belive that hitting, neglecting or abusing children is good education.
Well that is a different story.

Thanks Janeirik,

I really  appreciate your response,

I never smacked my child and really believe  that this kind of abuse only damages them.
But reading those many stories online really scares me ...my daughter is everything to me...just the thought of her being taken from me is unbearable.

it's great that I could now a bit of your story , working so close with them.

Thanks  again.

Jcixpat wrote:

Thanks Janeirik,

I really  appreciate your response,

I never smacked my child and really believe  that this kind of abuse only damages them.
But reading those many stories online really scares me ...my daughter is everything to me...just the thought of her being taken from me is unbearable.

it's great that I could now a bit of your story , working so close with them.

Thanks  again.

Hi.
Sorry for late reply (problem with my account)

You live here now ?
If you have more concerns or question.
I'll try to awnser them as they come.
😉