Close

life in Norway with kids

Hi everyone!

My husband got a job offer in Oslo, we've got a 2 year old daughter  and  would like to know hows life in Norway with kids?
I've read and heard some pretty horrible  stuff about Norwegian Child welfare , they are even being investigated by the European Human rights due to so many protests around the world.

Has anyone here  had an encounter with Barnevernet? 
Do you know someone who has had?

Even if you never had any problems with them I still would like to know if you're enjoying life there with you kids.

many thanks

hmm so I guess there's not many parentes in this group then ...

I have a daughter in Norway.  She is 2 years old now.  She is borned in Norway.

I have no experience with Barnevernet.  As long as you do not practise physical disciplinery on your child , you have nothing to worry.  we do not believe in physical punishment in our family.

My colleague had experience with Barnevernet when their daughter (4yrs old) lied to the barnehagen people that her daddy will hit her.  They had to go through 3 months of meetings with the police to prove that her daughter was lying.

Thanks for the response!  :top:

Jcixpat :

hmm so I guess there's not many parentes in this group then ...

You have to understand, we are all are all volunteers even the "Advisors and Experts" and have our own lives. You have to be patient, sometimes, information has to be looked up too.

Thank you for your understanding.

SimCityAT
Expert Team

:top:

Expatriate health insurance in Norway

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Norway

Moving to Norway

Find tips from professionals about moving to Norway

Travel insurance in Norway

Enjoy stress-free travel to Norway