Paying bills in Russia

Hello everyone,

What bills do you pay? If you are renting, are bills included in the price of rent, and is this common practice in Russia?

How can you pay your bills (e.g. online, at provider's store, at the post office)? Which is the most convenient or reliable way?

With what frequency are different bills sent in Russia? Are there different deadlines for payment?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

mostly here peoples use credit cards for bill payments in stores and for utility bills like internet we also can pay by credit card.i know only internet payment because i am living in dormitory of university

Hey,
So i usually use online banking to pay for utilities. There are also kiosks all over the city ( metro stations, telephone stores and sometimes even in a few small shops) which you could pay your bills through.
Ive always been on time when it comes to paying bills. However, there is a small fine you need to pay just in case you miss the deadline.
I guess expats usually rent out apartments so the owner should take care off all the bills.

Hope this answers your question.
Regards,
Vivek.

I always pay in cash.  It is easier, especially here thousands of km from Moscow.