Info on schools

Hi,
I'm canadian born and raised in Montreal, of portuguese origin.
I'm thinking of going to FIA Business school in Sao Paolo to do the International MBA (1 year)
But I need to move my family : children 13,9,5
Looking for info on schools for them

Any help is apreciated.

Tx
Ciao
sfaria

Hi and welcome on board sfaria :)

A new thread has been created on the Sao Paulo forum for a better visibility!
I hope other members will be able to help you by recommending some schools soon!

Good luck
Armand

Do you know the hood you will stay?

Forget any of the schools in the public school system, by Canadian standards they are a joke. The only viable option is a private school and for that you should be prepared to pay a small fortune. Depending on the area in which you will live there may be a good private school nearby, most of the schools advertise in the neighborhood newspapers and business guides. Many also have internet sites so a Google search of "Escola particular + name of the bairro or just São Paulo" will probably provide many hits. Don't forget to ask any school you may be interested in to provide you with a few references you can contact to find out if they are satisfied with the school. Good luck.

Just as I thought... I "Googled" Escola particular São Paulo and got more hits than I even imagined. You mentioned that you are of Portuguese origin. Do you and your children all speak Portuguese? This will certainly make your lives here very much easier and more enjoyable. It will also make your kids instant celebraties at school, people here are quite taken with foreigners who care enough to learn their language. Good luck with the move,..... sejam bem vindas, bienveneu au Brésil. Anything I can do to assist you here please feel free to contact me.

William James (Jim) Woodward - Native English Idiomas, Diretor/Professor

Hi Thanks for the info!

I have actually found a private french school Licée Pasteur that should accept my 2 daughters (ages 14 and 10)

My son might not have the opportunity to go there since they might not have space. So we are considering a Brazilian school for him which will be great!

Cheers,

Hi, can anyone on here give me an idea of standards of education in public schools in sao paulo,I am from the UK and wonder what to expect if I should join my fiancee in Brazil and marry there and settle.Thankyou in advance

hannah, unfortunately public schools are usually run-down and got poor teaching.. try a private school, like Etapa or Objetivo (for medium expenses) or might it be possible top-notch schools like Colégio Bandeirantes or Vértice (obviously don't expect them to be cheap)