Coming from India to Sao Paulo for studies

1) I am cosidering to study MBA in FIA Business School in Sao Paulo. What reputation does it hold in Brazil?

2) How easy is it to be able to gain professional experience after completing studies in Brazil. Does brazilian government provide work visas to international students completing their masters in Brazil?

Hi tkalra!

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Armand

How come no one responds to posts in this blog??

Hello Tarun,

I got to see your message in this forum, FIA is one of the best schools for MBA in brasil. I think you got to pay tution fee to study in this school which could be expensive, there is also chance for you to get scholarships... brasilian goverment do allow you to receive work permit after masters, the market here is very attractive and nice, friendly as well, pay is good if compared to other developing countries, cost of living and taxes are very expensive, so you have to take a call, do let me know why are you interested in this particular faculty and why Brasil?

best,
aravind

Hi Arvind

Thanks for your response. (I finally got one :-))

I chose FIA because it was in Brazil and unlike europe or US, learning there may be more relevant to apply in India.

Honestly, I was also attracted by the low tuition as compared to other overseas MBA plus they gave me scholarship. Decent FT ranking backed my decision to apply.

Aravind, how long have you been in Brazil? Did you study in FIA?

Hi,

I have been here a couple of years, I did not study in FIA, but I studied in UNICAMP. The tuition fee in FIA is as expensive as compared to the schools in Europe or USA. Also, the living expenses can be high if you will be living in SP city. Since you will be in a student visa you are not allowed to work till you graduate and find a job after which you can apply for work permit. So, I would recommend you select a course, get admitted in it, also arrange some scholarship and them come here to study and plan accordingly, or if you are dating a Brasilian, just get married to her and get the advantage of permanent visa ;)  Pass your contact for me to pass more info.

cheers,

Aravind

Hi tkalra, I'm also going to Join MBA at FIA.
Its true that FIA's tuition fee is lesser as compared to other institutions in English speaking countries or Europe. It might be high as compared to other local institutes there but we don't really have much option as we rely on English only. I also got acceptance letter from BSP Sao paulo but I Chose FIA over BSP as FIA's FT ranking is higher.
If you want to make a career in Brazil after this course then learning their language is a must. I have started learning Portuguese but to come up to that level is a big challenge.
I'm not sure how difficult it is to take work visa (VITEM V) for Brazil in India.
You mentioned about scholarship, could I ask you how much you have to pay now after getting this scholarship?
22000 US$ is the standard fee that they told me and I have enrolled already with 20% of the total feel i.e. 4400 US$