Is there anyone knows about free class to learn how to talk in...

I'm living in Sao Paulo,and I want to know about free class to learn Portuguese.In Japan,have lot's of places having free classes for foreigners,that they can joined to learn how to read,write and talk in Nihongo (Japanese language).Some Japanese doing that as a volunteer.How about here in Brazil?If someone knows,kindly give me information about that,I'm really willing to join that class.God Bless!

I have not found a FREE class, except for multiple resources on the internet (search iTunes for many podcasts) and Google for the rest.

I studied originally at the Federal university and the class cost nearly R$1,000 per semester.  Now, for some reason, our local UFF (federal university) has discontinued their "Portuguese para Estrangeiros" course.  But that actually has turned out good.  The new class I found is at the local STATE university and they charge only R$150 for the entire semester.  That is way, WAY cheaper than private school resources.

Boa sorte.

Jim
http://qualidadedevida-jim.blogspot.com/

Thank's for the information Jim,this is bing!But can you tell me where I can Find that local STATE University you saying,I'm really interested.God Bless!
Bing

I live in Rio de Janeiro.  The university site is here
http://www.uerj.br/modulos/kernel/home.php

There is certainly a similar university in SP.

Good luck.

If you are still looking, there is a site Live Mocha (livemocha.com) that offers all sorts of languages.... has a Rosetta Stone approach to learning and your lessons are reviewed by fluent and native speakers (of the language you are learning of course)...

You not only learn the language but you can have friends there as well -- something to look forward to when you visit the country as well...

Yes,I am looking for where to learn portuguese as well.But I know all the univercities are all close to the center,hope someone can help me.

Me too until now i m trying to find state universiyt here in Sao Paulo to join the class in Portuguese but until now I didnt find.Hard to learn Portuguese If you studying all alone!

Hi! I'm Brazilian, but I speak English because I lived in the US, I always wanted to learn japanese, and I would be more than happy to help you to learn portuguese if you want to, I've been trying to learn Japanese on my own too, but it's pretty tough, so if you are interested you may contact me through my e-mail [email protected]. Take care!

bing wrote:

Me too until now i m trying to find state universiyt here in Sao Paulo to join the class in Portuguese but until now I didnt find.Hard to learn Portuguese If you studying all alone!

where are you living, i know there is one in Morumbi.But it is too far from me.

I am living in Itaim Bibi,Can you tell me more information about that,Please...Thank you