Tattooist in HCMC

Anyone know of a reputable and good tattoo artist based in HCMC?

I've seen a few tattoo parlours in HCMC, but I've yet to venture in to discuss my ideas\needs.
I'm looking for someone with experience of large custom\freestyle designs to expand on my current tattoo.

Any one had any work done here, or better off avoiding all together here?

I've heard good things about Saigon Ink.  You can check out their work here:  tattoovietnam.com/gallery.  I have a friend who went there and said he had a really positive experience.

Cheers Joey, I'll take a wander along next time I'm in the area :-)
I don't suppose you know what your friend had done?

I'm looking to extend my existing back-piece down my right leg. So quite a large piece of a work to come :-)

Saigon ink is a good choice.. contact Mr Thiên there ;) he is a cool tattoo artist and have much experience in this field

laidbackfreak wrote:

Cheers Joey, I'll take a wander along next time I'm in the area :-)
I don't suppose you know what your friend had done?

I'm looking to extend my existing back-piece down my right leg. So quite a large piece of a work to come :-)

No problem.  He only had a phrase in Latin put on his chest, but it was really good as far as a basic, script tattoo goes.  I have three tattoos, so I'm always eyeing other people's work, and his script was done quite well.

I made a large dragon over my shoulder, took 6 hours and costed me 10 million.

Mr, Thien at Saigon Ink is a pro.

I think my tattoo is on the website, it was in some magazine also a few months ago.

/Andreas

newguy, cheers for the recommendation, exactly what I'm looking for :-)

Show me the pic, your gonna recognise it faster than me :)

http://tattoovietnam.com/gallery/page/16/42/MISC

Bottom left corner, if your wondering about the bandage i just got out of the hospital due to a crashed bike. Doctor wanted me to stay another coupple of days but i had an important appointment.....with Thien at Saigon Ink hehe.

The guy with a blue shirt and a broken arm (top right corner) is a friend of mine he crashed 3 months before me.

/Andreas

Cheers buddy, Looks good :-)

oh and btw does Mr Thien speak english ?

Not perfect but enough, really cool guy. He learned how to tattoo in Thailand if im not mistaken, and hes the only studio iv seen with an autoclave.

He was recommended by a guy in Sweden we both know.

/Andreas

Bingo that sounds Ideal, I'm down there this weekend to start the ball rolling :-)

bring it on lol

Thenewguy wrote:

Not perfect but enough, really cool guy. He learned how to tattoo in Thailand if im not mistaken, and hes the only studio iv seen with an autoclave.

He was recommended by a guy in Sweden we both know.

/Andreas

totally agree with u.. mr thien is a cool n profesional guy ;) and ur rite.. there is an only studio had a autoclave ;) will make my second tattoo there, soon :p

Hi Laidbackfreak

I'm Annie. i'm going to have a tattoo as well, so just ask you about the experience there (saigon ink). Have you been there yet?

Hi Annie, I've not had a chance to get down there, I've passed it a couple of times but just not been in.
I will get in there this month, I'm not in a hurry as I know it's gonna take a while to complete once it's started :-)

Ok i see. thank you. just drop a comment when you get it, would highly appeciate that...

Hey guys! I had a piece done on my leg in HCM in November. I went into a few shops & finally sat down in Tambi Tattoo... the shops at the western end of Bue Vien Street in the backpacker quarter. Not much english spoken but their interest and friendliness made up for it!! The brother of the shop owner did my piece - fast work, clean lines & has healed beautifully with almost perfect shading. The piece was a character from the Ngoc Lo drum done in black. Really happy with the guys there!

how bout the price there?

My favorite place is LacViet in District 10. The artist's name is Dang Too. He did a phenomenal job, and the price was AMAZING! Make sure to book him early because he gets busy.

Bit late to this party, but an update is probs a good idea.

So my gf is a rather good and talented tattoo artist here in HCMC. Check out her website for portfolio/contact etc.

vincykat.com- Vincy Kat Tattoos, HCMC

Hello astroben85

Kindly note that this thread has been inactive since 2012 and also that publicity is not allowed on the forum.

You may however register services of your girlfriend in our Business directory : Beauty institutes in Ho Chi Minh City

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team