Best buffet in Saigon?

Hi everyone,

My friends and I are thinking of treating ourselves to a nice meal next week, so I wonder if you could recommend a buffet in Saigon. I've been to the Nikko hotel buffet before and it was quite good. Any other good place in that price range?

Thanks in advance!

aulacdobrazil.com/product/category/1/aulac-do-brazil-i.html

Au Lac do Brazil
238 Pasteur | District 3

Seoul Garden is cheap and reasonable cost.

legend hotel buffet,ton duc thang st,dist.1.  or Lion buffet restaurant,next to Caravell hottel,dist1.  Or Hoang Yen buffet, Zen Plaza,nguyen trai st,dist1. Enjoy ur meal :)

Why don't you try Charm Cham in Phu My Hung, District 7. It's really awesome, price from 60USD++/pax. You might enjoy buffet at Windsor Hotel at An Duong Vuong street, District 5 with lower price (40USD$ ++)

I agree with the Legend Hotel buffet; lunch or dinner. To me it's on the expensive side but every once in a while or for a special occasion is cool. I disagree with the Lion, definitely not worth the money but their dark beer is good. If you want a decent $6 lunch buffet, Toppers (5th flr) at the Parksons on Le Thanh Ton, D1 is good. There's also the Korean Kichi Kichi hotpot buffet. Lunch is $7 but I forgot what dinner is. It's pretty good and food seems to be fresh. Been to Au Lac Brazil on Pasteur and that's also very good.

Sounds good, what are the prices please??  I am looking for a good buffet but under $10US.

a) Seoul Garden = ??
b) Legend hotel buffet,ton duc thang st,dist.1. = ??
c) Lion buffet restaurant,next to Caravell hottel,dist1. = ??
d) Hoang Yen buffet, Zen Plaza,nguyen trai st,dist1 = ??
e) Toppers (5th flr) at the Parksons on Le Thanh Ton, D1 = $6US
f) Korean Kichi Kichi hotpot buffet = Lunch is $7US (where is this...)?

Thanks for the recos, but I'm looking for a higher-quality buffet with a variety of food.

Budget is around 1M VND...more recos please?

nova, it should be Legend hotel /New world hotel / Park Hyat

tien.tran wrote:

Sounds good, what are the prices please??  I am looking for a good buffet but under $10US.

a) Seoul Garden = ??
b) Legend hotel buffet,ton duc thang st,dist.1. = ??
c) Lion buffet restaurant,next to Caravell hottel,dist1. = ??
d) Hoang Yen buffet, Zen Plaza,nguyen trai st,dist1 = ??
e) Toppers (5th flr) at the Parksons on Le Thanh Ton, D1 = $6US
f) Korean Kichi Kichi hotpot buffet = Lunch is $7US (where is this...)?

A. A recent chain to HCM if I'm not mistaken; similar to Kichi Kichi. I think $15 lunch, $18 dinner.

B. Legend is one of the best and cleanest, hands down. Lunch is around $25, around $45 dinner.

C. Lion? I'd go there for the dark beer but not buffet. Limited selection. I think lunch is somewhere near the $7 range.

D. Hoang Yen: Not sure, never been there.

E. Toppers is good for the $ but selection is also limited as well.

F. Kichi is a Korean type, mostly seafood, chain and it's all over the city. Nguyen Trai, Cao Thang,PXL, etc., starting to pop up like Starbucks. I've noticed that when they first opened, the food coming down the belt were much better, now seems like they scaled back. Not sure if it's a belt tightening or greed is taking over but it's noticeable. Even on the Phan Xich long branch. I'm going to cross this place off my list soon.

G. Caravelle: $45 lunch on weekends, weekdays a little cheaper. Quality is about the same as Legend.

Note: I have not been to the Legend since the Lotte take over. New ownership usually means a change in quality.

a) Seoul Garden = 350 K VND

It's a BBQ buffet. One branch at Vincon center. Its cool if you love meat.

please try the buffet in sofitel, one of the best.. serving seafood better than any hotel in saigon but only on tuesday and saturday night i suppose if not mistaken. besides that if you wan something more than just a restaurant, nice atmosphere.. try "cham charm" in phu my hung. own by khaisilk and very very nice deco in side there, i bet you all will like it. strata is another restaurant which is 50 floors high on the bitexco (financial tower) that you can enjoy the night view through out the whole saigon city. however, the choice i would say is quite limited but its definately a conducive rendexvous!!

The best buffet is at Market 39 inside the Intercontinental Hotel

Now I have eaten at several of the major buffets in Saigon and they are all good, recently I had the pleasure to join some friends for a long lunch at the Novotel Saigon Centre and the buffet was fantastic,with all options to what is being offered by all other hotels
So a week later I took a girlfiend of mine there for dinner and she totally agreed with me that for the money we  paid and for what we got  it stands up to and if not better then some of the others buffets in and around town.
It has fresh seafood available  and cooked to order by the chefs in many different styles and flavours, and many other live stations, and it fits into your budget

skads wrote:

Now I have eaten at several of the major buffets in Saigon and they are all good, recently I had the pleasure to join some friends for a long lunch at the Novotel Saigon Centre and the buffet was fantastic,with all options to what is being offered by all other hotels
So a week later I took a girlfiend of mine there for dinner and she totally agreed with me that for the money we  paid and for what we got  it stands up to and if not better then some of the others buffets in and around town.
It has fresh seafood available  and cooked to order by the chefs in many different styles and flavours, and many other live stations, and it fits into your budget

how much per ticket ?

As I have flyer with me to show my friends . seafood buffet dinner  VND 749++ with a suppliment of 150++ with free flow

Tried Kichi Kichi once and swear never to return. It's a really a very unhealthy food because they use a LOT of MSG in the soup to drench all other flavors. I am very sensitive to this and I could feel that 'tingling' feeling up my spine when ever I consume that. Anyway, this is my personal opinion only. To each his own. Will try Novotel next round.

I think SumoBBQ is a good choice :)
sumobbq.com.vn/

Check up JJ's Brazilian BBQ at 279, Pham Ngu Lao , upstairs of Burger King . All you can eat BBQ buffet for 495 000d more then 10 different kind of BBQ meat roasted and served to your table or add 150 000d for all you can eat and drinks, free flow of Italian wine and drought beer...

Anyone knows where we can get the best Dimsum buffet in town? I tried 2 places, 1 at Intercontinental hotel and the other is Ming Court at Nikko hotel. I like Ming Court and return several times but want to know more places. Highly appreciate if anyone can share more places to get dimsum. Many thanks.

You should try out Hoang Yen Buffet, they have variety of Authentic Vietnamese Cuisine dishes. As I remember, it has 2 type of buffet, regular buffet at 178k++ for lunch 248k++ for weekday dinner and 288k++ for weekend dinner. The premium one with more seafood and international dishes at 495k++ for weekday dinner and 645k++ for weekend dinner
Contact detail try here:
Me Linh Point, L 1, 02 Ngo Duc Ke, D.1 HCMC. Tel: (08) 2210 2311
Zen Plaza, L 2, 54 56 Nguyen Trai, D.1 ,HCMC. Tel: (08) 2210 2309
Vincom B, B3-27 Basement 3 72 Le Thanh Ton, D.1,HCMC. Tel: (08) 6279 6192
or Icon 68, L 3,Bitexco Finance Tower Building , 02 Hai Trieu, D.1, HCMC. Tel: (08) 6684 2392 - 6684 2393.