Looking for a English Christian Church in HCMC

Hi!

I just moved to HCMC and I am looking for an english church. I grew up in a charismatic Christian church (Non-denominational).... if this does not exist i still want to join a church family!

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

Hi,
I know some churchs like this

Saigon Pastoral Center - Saturday (Sunday liturgy) at 6:00PM
6 Tôn Đức Thắng, Bến Nghé ward, D.1,

Martino Church - Every  Sunday at 8:30AM (Bilingual English and Vietnamese)
16A, Nguyễn Thị Minh Khai street,  Đa Kao ward, D1

Saigon Cathedral - Sunday at 9:30AM
1 Công Xã Paris, Bến Nghé ward, D1,

Ba Chuong Dominican Church - Sunday at 10:30AM
190 Lê Văn Sỹ, Ward 10,  Phú Nhuận District

Martino Church - Sunday at 7:30 am
266 Độc Lập street, Tan Thanh ward, Taan Phus district (near my house :)  )

You can read more detail about the mass here:

http://giothanhle.com/NghiThucUTF.html

Welcome to Vietnam <3
NGA

u r welcome at our church, I G A church at the manor 2 , we start the service every sunday 10:30 am.

welcome you there. Sophia nguyen

I know some Pentecostal Church exist in HCMC, but in vietnamese, I don't know in english.

Agape Outreach Church in District 3.
15 Tu Xuong, Ward 7, District 3, HCMC, VN
Not sure about morning Vietnamese-only service, but the bilingual Eng-Viet service is at 5:30pm on Sunday evenings.

It's not a big fancy church and we're next to a restaurant. So it might be hard to notice. We are not a Catholic church, just saying.

You're welcome to join us.

But if you looking for a charismatic church the language (english or vietnamese) should not be so important, right ?
:D

Hi All,

Today I visit church in 155 Tran Hung Dao, Dist 1. Unfortunately they do not have English Service. Anybody know any church with English service?

you can come to our church IGA ( international Grace Assembly ).

Every Sunday 10 :30 am .

See ya there :)

Hi Sopi Nguyen,

Thank you for the reply. Could you give me the address please. Thanks.

its 1 st floor the manor 2 , no 91 nguyen huu canh st , binh thanh dist .

if you cant find can call me at 0902 44 77 75

cheerrrr , God blesses you.

sopi

Ok Sopi. I will check it. Thank you
Gbu.

ok timmy , this is our church website http://www.igahcmc.org/

Hi Superdave02 , welcome you to The WELL (website easy on google - the well + vietnam). Its purely English speaking, service Sun at 11 am.
(bible believing crowd)

Hi All,
Finally I have the chance to visit IGA church in the manor 2. It is a charismatic church and the environment is comfortable. The people are nice and warm welcome. Everybody who are looking a charismatic church with English service. You can visit:
International Grace Assembly (IGA)
The Manor 2, 1st floor, F-07,
91 Nguyen Huu Canh St,
Binh Thanh District,
Ho Chi Minh City.
Phone: 0938204778

The English Service hour is: Sunday, 10.30 - 12.00.

What do you mean by 'charismatic' church? How to define that? is it only because they speak in 'tongues'? or just the music like hip hop?

Charismatic is more like pentakost. They do have holy spirit language, and good music. You can visit there if you want to get the feel. They welcome everbody. Not limited for expat.

For my first time experience, the church is very warm welcome. Everybody try to introduce themself to me. And they are from many countries. Sometimes they have westerner too.

Maybe you would like to read this for your edification.
In His faith...

http://www.churches-of-christ.net/tracts/job107u.htm

Waow, suddenly my internet is error. I lose all my reply when submit. Lucky I dont write a long reply nor a thesis. Lol. So Cindy, it's an interested writing you have. But our faith is not in the "tounges". We put our faith in God. Tounges is just a method to make us feel closer like the first church. ^_^ do you have free time this sunday? Why dont you come and join us? I will be there too. It is my 2nd visit.

Pls can someone help me to locate english speaking church in district 12,hcmc. time 5:30pm preferable.

If you want to find an English speaking Christian church,
Thu Thiem International Service is a place to come.

The service starts 10:30am every Sunday at no.1, street 33, Tran Nao road, Binh An ward, District 2.

There are more than 100 attendants of more than 20 nationalities.
There are 3 elders in the church. Jonathan Moreno is one of them.

Feel free to contact me if you want to ask about the church!

Wasn't this topic fully covered very recently here:  https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=538173

Why is it allowed to continue to pop up up like some kind of boomerang.

Hi , I will be in Ho Chi Minh on 1st April 2017... your church is still at the same place at district 1 ??

You guys can always check out The River Church.

It's at 9-11 Nguyen Thi Thap, near Sunrise City in District 7.

A nice balanced church for all ages and denominational persuasions (Catholics and Protestants alike).

They have church at 10 am on Sundays.

Hi! Is their Sunday service schedule is 10 am only? How about afternoon/night service every Sunday? Thank you.

Hello.

There is an English Non-Denominational, Full gospel Christian Church in Universe Hotel, 549 Tran Hung Dao St., District 1. The service starts at 11:00 am - 12:30 pm.

You are welcome in this family of believers. See you.

More blessings!

I shall be moving to HCMH  this Sept, and still looking for a place to stay prob. in D2. I am looking for good Christian fellowship in that area as transportation will be limited for me.

Thanks

Look at post #14 in the link I supplied above.  Quan 2 = D2.

If you plan to spend all you time in D2, you likely will find Vietnam not very interesting.

Hi everybody!

I'm Gilles from Hillsong Lyon in France! I'm moving to Ho Chi Minh from December 15th  2018 to January 2nd for holidays and I would love to meet with a christian Community just to make friends and why not celebrating Christmas along with them.
Do you have a few recommendations to make? a few contacts I could write to?

Thank you so much for your time and help, and maybe I'll see you soon :)

God bless

Gilles

Join us at The Well church, The Evangelical Church in English in Saigon, service at 11 am on sunday.

98 Lê Quốc Hưng, Phường 12, Quận 4, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam

Hi Gilles,
Here are a few English speaking churches/services I managed to find online. I arrived here just this week, so I haven't joined any and do not have any personal experience with them. They all have websites but I think I cannot post urls here (I have added the domain names in brackets: first 2 are dot org and the rest dot com domains )  - so make Google friend for this:
1 - International Grace Assembly (igahcmc)
2 - The Well International church (thewellvn)
3 - Thu Thiem International Service (internationalservice.hoithanhtinlanhthuthiem)
4 - New Life Fellowship (nlfvietnam)

Hope it helps and welcome to Saigon.

Beed

Hey Beed!

I really appreciate that you took the time to anwer me; thank you so much for those Church addresses.

Let's try to meet up in Ho Chi Minh once I arrive there in December.

Enyoy your time there!

God bless!

Gilles

Thank you so much for answering me, I do appreciate it.

Are you French? if you are, are you in touch with the French expat Community in Ho Chi Minh?

It would be great to meet up sometime once I arrive there.

God bless

Thanks for your information.. God Bless you..

Here are a list of international fellowships in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi:

https://www.hif.vn/ifvietnam/

The English Service hour is: Sunday, 10.30am - 12.00pm

Today i go to Thu Thiem Evangelical Chruch, so happy and friendly..

superdave02 wrote:

Hi!

I just moved to HCMC and I am looking for an english church. I grew up in a charismatic Christian church (Non-denominational).... if this does not exist i still want to join a church family!

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

Cindysar wrote:

What do you mean by 'charismatic' church? How to define that? is it only because they speak in 'tongues'? or just the music like hip hop?

A good question, I think.

I know Eastern Orthodox and Roman Catholic Christians who say that The Eucharist (The Body  and Blood of Christ Jesus) is the ultimate "charismatic" experience during The Most Holy Sacrifice of The Mass/Divine Liturgy.

They definitely think of themselves as "charismatic" Christian churches, but PRE-denominational, so not a match for OP's search.

ICXC-NIKA

As far as charismatic churches go, The River ICA (also an educational consultancy) has a pretty good service for expats (10:00 am). For locals and those whose English is a bit lower, Agape Church in District 3 is suitable (5:30 pm, bilingual, and Vietnamese-only in the morning). Both are good churches. :D