Tattoos in HCMC ( or Saigon...lol)

I've been thinking about getting some ink done and am wondering if anyone has had any work done here. Saigon Ink looks to be a decent shop but I'm sure there are others.
Also, how do the prices in Vietnam compare to US and/or Aus shops?

YouTube tattoo ho chi Minh city, or Saigon. The clips will give you an idea of their art work, it also shows address and artist name too.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=117086
The prices here are much lower than those in the States.  But, it is the ink that worries me.  I have seen works that get faded within just a few years.

Prices may be cheaper than other countries but you get what you pay for.

I have also seen tattoos done overseas that fade really quickly.
Tattooists I know tell me it is the quality of the ink.

I have tattoos but would not get any body art done on the cheap as you are then stuck with it forever.

Hi Don, my wife had a lovely piece of work done at Saigon Ink, the quality is really good. She had a design for them to use, so it was very easy to process. She went back a week later to get a little touch up (Which is not unusual) and no problems with that.
Myself, I'm heavily tattooed and seeing a British guy for my new work as I need some clear communications to discus the work.
Prices at both these places is 1 million vnd per hour. That's cheaper than I was paying in the UK for my work. I also think Saigon Ink is trading a little on it's reputation, but still happy with the work so can't fault them for that.
I've also got another tattoo friend (American) coming over in a few weeks whose work is really good. He'll be based in D2.
There are other expat artist here but only know them by word of mouth.
PM if you want any contact details.

I have a friend is tattoo artist, he's has 10 years experience. before he was open a shop in Bui Vien st, but now he's moving to Go Vap district. If you want you can contact him by this number: +84966018812.
Cheer!

Hi Cathrine,

This thread is 1 year old for info.

Regards
Armand
Expat.com Team

Armand wrote:

Hi Cathrine,

This thread is 1 year old for info.

Regards
Armand
Expat.com Team

Wow...one whole year has passed and I'm still here  :D

@laidbackfreak hi I'm in Vietnam and want back tattoo I hear 1mil vnd where is shop located