Should I worry about Mosquitos at night?

I changed hotel today, it's on 6 floor with a great view! I want left windows Open at night, but worry about Mosquitos assault!

If you're worried about malaria, don't. You're not at risk in Saigon.

If, on the other hand, you're merely worried about being bitten, then the floor you're on doesn't matter. Mozzies can just as easily spawn on rooftops and balconies, but there are also numerous ways they can reach your floor from ground level.

MatthiasB wrote:

If you're worried about malaria, don't. You're not at risk in Saigon.

If, on the other hand, you're merely worried about being bitten, then the floor you're on doesn't matter. Mozzies can just as easily spawn on rooftops and balconies, but there are also numerous ways they can reach your floor from ground level.

Yes, they can take the elevator and knock on my door. LoL

Thanks for the answer.

Hi, Denghi and other vector born diseases are more of a problem than Malaria. There was a post I was reading where the guy reakoned he'd got Denghi from the restaurant in the Sky Garden in PMY!
Denghi is on the rise while Malaria is on the decline thanks to Artimisium. The good news is that, as far as I know, Denghi mosquitos are big with a whitish stripe on their backs and only come out in the daytime.
Enjoy your evenings on the 6th floor.
Nice
John

Malaria is a low risk here in Sai Gon, but is a risk in vietnam. I got a dose of Denghi fever here almost 3 years ago now and it was pretty nasty, I still have problems because of it.
that said we are in the dry season so even lower risk. The asian tiger mosquito is the culprit and its big and black and white striped. I can even tell you where I got bitten in D1 !

The urban myth is mosquito's dont fly above the 8th floor, but that's only because there is less food for them up there. I live on the 12th flood and we get them occasionally that high. I always leave my windows open.

If your worried get a mosquito net to go over the bed :)

buy a mosquito net then sleep tight

Thanks guys. It has been a few weeks since I post this subject. And I can tell you
1. The mosquito can fly up to 6 flour, but very few( I'm not sure if is mosquito or other insect). and they won't bit me if the AC is on. So problem solved. ( feel sorry for them. They worked so hard fly up to my room, and i don't have food to share with them.)
2. malaria Is what we deal the most in Africa. So... I already got anti-malaria in my blood.