Live aquarium plants

I'm living in Hofuf.
I failed to get Live plants from nearby pet stores. Anyone to share live plants with me for reasonable price??

There are some pet store here in jeddah selling seeds (al sulaimaniah center). Right now, i just have java moss coming from issham aquarium store in thalia. I had no luck trying to finding hardy plants like anubias and java fern anywhere here. I am planning to buy from amazon.com but i am apprehensive of the more than a week shipping time.

The best solution would be to make this forum active and ask for some established enthusiasts locally if they want to sell or give away some of their plants.

I am also currently looking for a siamese algae eater or otto cat for my algae infestation on my java moss and i cannot find any.  Anyone can help please.

I found some cherry shrimp on sale here for 25 sar in jeddah but i also have mollies so they are not compatible. Yellow snails are also available locally but they grazed on my java moss. i placed them in one of my smaller tanks and they clean up the brown algae on decors.

Hi Felix are you into planted tank?  That is also my problem here in Riyadh it is not easy to get aquatic plant here.

BoBoLTiK wrote:

There are some pet store here in jeddah selling seeds (al sulaimaniah center). Right now, i just have java moss coming from issham aquarium store in thalia. I had no luck trying to finding hardy plants like anubias and java fern anywhere here. I am planning to buy from amazon.com but i am apprehensive of the more than a week shipping time.

The best solution would be to make this forum active and ask for some established enthusiasts locally if they want to sell or give away some of their plants.

I am also currently looking for a siamese algae eater or otto cat for my algae infestation on my java moss and i cannot find any.  Anyone can help please.

I found some cherry shrimp on sale here for 25 sar in jeddah but i also have mollies so they are not compatible. Yellow snails are also available locally but they grazed on my java moss. i placed them in one of my smaller tanks and they clean up the brown algae on decors.

Thanks for the information, but Jeddah is very far from my current location. I wish I could get seeds here in Hofuf

Omay wrote:

Hi Felix are you into planted tank?  That is also my problem here in Riyadh it is not easy to get aquatic plant here.

Next month I'll going for holidays to my Native (India). I'm planning to bring live plants from there, if its legal  :|:|

felixjohn wrote:
Omay wrote:

Next month I'll going for holidays to my Native (India). I'm planning to bring live plants from there, if its legal  :|:|

Hi Felix I think you need to have a lot of permit before you can bring them here.  I was planning that too before because it is easy to buy them in the Philippines and also cheaper unfortunately my frend told me that i need permits from department of environment in the philippines and also here in Saudi so i drop the idea.  I was looking to have a saudi petshop owner that can do that to me for now.  Hopefully i can find one.

Omay wrote:
felixjohn wrote:
Omay wrote:

Hi Felix I think you need to have a lot of permit before you can bring them here.  I was planning that too before because it is easy to buy them in the Philippines and also cheaper unfortunately my frend told me that i need permits from department of environment in the philippines and also here in Saudi so i drop the idea.  I was looking to have a saudi petshop owner that can do that to me for now.  Hopefully i can find one.

Oops. Plan dropped. Maybe I will try to get seeds, which is almost impossible to find.
Best of luck on your approach.

here in Riyadh they sell some seeds in Live Safari but it's kinda expensive

Omay wrote:

here in Riyadh they sell some seeds in Live Safari but it's kinda expensive

Noted with Thanks. I got the contact details from Uncle Google. I'll ask them whether they can send seeds/plants via courier.

A friend from south africa bought plants to riyadh last week with no problem. As long as it not by bulk, then maybe, there would be no problem. This is just an example and MAYBE not the rule. Also, i tried to search for prohibited items to bring in the kingdom and aquarium plants were not mentioned.  Further browsing in other threads here in expat.com mentioned about buying plants outside the kingdom and bringing it here in the kingdom. No confirmation about such endeavors were further elaborated but it was discussed.

You can also try downloading ubuy app. Some seeds are available if you choose china market and you can also buy co2 regulator with selonoid valve which are cheaper than in amazon.com.

Another online shop to look would be desertcart.ae. live plants are available there and also flourish exceel which is great for low maintenance planted aquarium.

Take note that i never tried this sites as i went directly to ebay because of lack of product description of the co2 regulator that i wanted. (110 or 220volts).

BoBoLTiK wrote:

You can also try downloading ubuy app. Some seeds are available if you choose china market and you can also buy co2 regulator with selonoid valve which are cheaper than in amazon.com.

Another online shop to look would be desertcart.ae. live plants are available there and also flourish exceel which is great for low maintenance planted aquarium.

Take note that i never tried this sites as i went directly to ebay because of lack of product description of the co2 regulator that i wanted. (110 or 220volts).

Really thanks a lot for your informative messages. Me and Mr. Omay are happy to see possibilities of getting plants

BoBoLTiK wrote:

A friend from south africa bought plants to riyadh last week with no problem. As long as it not by bulk, then maybe, there would be no problem. This is just an example and MAYBE not the rule. Also, i tried to search for prohibited items to bring in the kingdom and aquarium plants were not mentioned.  Further browsing in other threads here in expat.com mentioned about buying plants outside the kingdom and bringing it here in the kingdom. No confirmation about such endeavors were further elaborated but it was discussed.

Wow this is great news thanks for the info at least i know that the only permit that i need to get is from my country's environment agency.  by the way thanks.

by the way for c02 I use DIY  I bought this DIY regulator and this is okay with me.

http://www.fish-street.com//images/big/ … m_logo.jpg

Hello Guys,

Can you share some pics of your planted tanks? I'm also into planted tanks, its a love hate relation as you hate it when your plants died out and you'll love it when its all ok.

doodscatz wrote:

Hello Guys,

Can you share some pics of your planted tanks? I'm also into planted tanks, its a love hate relation as you hate it when your plants died out and you'll love it when its all ok.

I love to share it unforunately  there is no way you can upload photos here. or I just don't know :)

anyone here who can give me Java moss or can direct me where to buy Java moss here in Riyadh?

Jungle land or life and nature. Those are the store my friend is recommending in Riyadh to try for java moss.

BoBoLTiK wrote:

Jungle land or life and nature. Those are the store my friend is recommending in Riyadh to try for java moss.

Thanks BoBolTik :)

I lived near Jungle land the staff in jungle land knows me hehehe unfortunately they don't have it right now and I think untill now they are still under renovation.  same thing with life and nature. :)

I bought weeping moss in Safari pet shop two or three months ago, they had different types of moss during that time but is was cultured ones costing 60 riyals per cup. I bought 4 cups but unfortunately most of them died due that my AC was broken and the water temperature went high, good thing the fish manage to survive and I manage to save some weeping moss on another aquarium which is attached to a rock. I checked I think last 2 weeks ago but they don't have stock right now for moss.

https://ibb.co/gDTQ4v

I dont know why the image are not showing, but you guys can check my facebook page just search doods catz and go to the album Mga Aquarium ko if you wanna see by past and present tanks.

Bro, you still have weeping moss?  I prefer Java moss because it is easier to care but weeping moss is okay with me if ever you have maybe i can buy some if ever you manage to grow them.

Omay wrote:

Bro, you still have weeping moss?  I prefer Java moss because it is easier to care but weeping moss is okay with me if ever you have maybe i can buy some if ever you manage to grow them.

I still have a small patch attached to a rock, hope it does propagate but its a slow grower not like java moss, I'm regretting now why I didn't buy the Java moss when it was available. But if I do manage to propagate this I will surely sell you some. Also if I manage to see this on sale at Safari Pet shop I will update here also.

I will check with Jungle land usually they have Java moss unfortunately they have some renovation lately and their stock are limited stock i will let you know if i found one.

Omay wrote:

Are you in Aquascape?

Ronnie Arevalo wrote:
Omay wrote:

Are you in Aquascape?

Hi Ronnie,

Yes i'm kinda into aquascape unfortunately it is hard to find the material that I need another issue is that if you find one it's expensive and not always available.  that's why i just did an ordinary planted tank.  anyhow I guess you are filipino hope to meet and discuss things with you regarding how we can help each other in case we both want to start aquascape .

Hello there...

There are some petshop here in Riyadh where you could purchase items for aquascaping

Check the FB group aquarium hobby KSA

For Petshop:
- Jungle land
- Blue tank
- Live Safari

Ronnie Arevalo wrote:

Hello there...

There are some petshop here in Riyadh where you could purchase items for aquascaping

Check the FB group aquarium hobby KSA

For Petshop:
- Jungle land
- Blue tank
- Live Safari

I live next to Jungle land and i'm near Live Safari just like what iv'e said things that you need is not always available like when I need Java moss or I need dwarf baby tears it's not available from all those petshop and some tools needed are expensive like I have bought Aquascape tweezer in the Philippines for 40sr here it's around 90sr thats why i decided to do a planted tank instead .

check the Blue Tank along King Abdulaziz road near between Wooden Bakery the Old airport road there are some cheap accessories

I just came from vacation and brought some DW, seeds, and CO2 hose before I have HC Cuba...

I have some Shrimps

Anyone here knows any live fish online store that ships here in Riyadh or KSA?  I like to buy otocinclus unfortunately its so hard to find this fish here

Hi there! I'm from the Philippines and currently in Jeddah. Thanks for informing about Issham Aqua, I've been there when I was into saltwater tanks but now I'm shifting to freshwater paludariums.

Would you be able to share/sell some of your java moss in case not available in Issham Aqua?

Thanks!

BoBoLTiK wrote:

Java moss is currently out of stock here and ordering online (from the US) will take weeks. Moss might die too due to extreme summer. Will you be able to get a few balls of java moss for me for a price? I'm here in Jeddah, too. Please...

I'd really appreciate. Here's a picture of my tank where I'll use this. https://i.redd.it/ffhcq1s5lia11.jpg

Darth Noodles wrote:
BoBoLTiK wrote:

Java moss is currently out of stock here and ordering online (from the US) will take weeks. Moss might die too due to extreme summer. Will you be able to get a few balls of java moss for me for a price? I'm here in Jeddah, too. Please...

I'd really appreciate. Here's a picture of my tank where I'll use this. https://i.redd.it/ffhcq1s5lia11.jpg

Nice tank

Omay wrote:

Nice tank

Thanks, Omay! Are you in Riyadh? I will be there for a business trip next week or so. Can I ask a few moss from your tank, please ^_^

Hi there,

I am living in khobar, and I have planted aquarium too. I have spiky moss, riccia, monte carlo, pearlweed, bacopa monieri, reinekii, repens, dwarf sag, wild val, duck weed, rotala bonsai and many more. If you are near, I can share them to you. I am also propagating some aquatic plants emersed.
Im  also breeding red cherry shrimps.

Leeman25 wrote:

Hi there,

I am living in khobar, and I have planted aquarium too. I have spiky moss, riccia, monte carlo, pearlweed, bacopa monieri, reinekii, repens, dwarf sag, wild val, duck weed, rotala bonsai and many more. If you are near, I can share them to you. I am also propagating some aquatic plants emersed.
Im  also breeding red cherry shrimps.

That's a lot of specimens. I'm very interested with the duck weed though I'm in Jeddah and have no plans of visiting Dammam or Khobar right now.

Good day , I am interested in live plants like hornwornt, guppy grass and duck weed.
If you have these please can you ship them to me in Riyadh?
Thanks in anticipation

https://saudi.desertcart.com/search/aquarium%20plant

if you ca reach Jeddah you can fing many
Just ask about the Ehdel Marker where you can get it there for 5 SR each