Dogs

What breed of dog do you or someone you know bring with them to the KSA?

Having dogs or cats as pets are not that common in Saudi Arabia, however it is catching up.
The dogs I usually see around are hunting dogs and if you plan on bringing a dog to SA just make sure they can survive the heat, huskies won't last long here.
Other than that you won't have to worry about it, we have pet stores here and if not you can always order it on line

I was just trying to see what all breeds people have had luck getting in.  I know people that are wanting to bring in lhasa apso, poodle, mountain cur, chi-weenie.  Do you know if there would be someone that would act as the import agent for these dogs?

Saudis, in general, don't like dogs.  They are considered unclean.

That said, I've seen dogs in Western compounds--the larger ones, and I have to laugh at this in regard to what LocalBrownie said, were huskies!  I thought it weird but families bring over their pets. The times I saw the dogs their owners were walking them at night so I guess during the hot weather they spend their time in the air-conditioned villas, and out at night.

And please, don't support the pet shops here.  The ones I've been to made me want to cry.

Alliecat wrote:

Saudis, in general, don't like dogs.  They are considered unclean.

That said, I've seen dogs in Western compounds--the larger ones, and I have to laugh at this in regard to what LocalBrownie said, were huskies!  I thought it weird but families bring over their pets. The times I saw the dogs their owners were walking them at night so I guess during the hot weather they spend their time in the air-conditioned villas, and out at night.

And please, don't support the pet shops here.  The ones I've been to made me want to cry.

Here you go starting trouble again :P

I have very little knowledge of dogs and their breeds, but I know that huskies prefer cold a climate. If the condition of the local pet stores made you cry -which I is new to me- so would subjecting such a beautiful breed -huskies- to hot temperatures would make me cry.

And as to what kind of breed you may want to bring with you Texas rose, you could pretty much get away with anything really

@LB  The huskies I saw seemed fine.  This climate might not be perfect for them but it is probably preferable to having their families give them up for adoption before expatriating.

And remember, Huskies are popular dogs all *over* the US, not just in Alaska :P

@Alliecat I'll give you that one, however,  not just the states, but all over the world. Personally I think they are the most beautiful of the k9 family. But at the end of the day I'm a cat person lol

Local Brownie wrote:

But at the end of the day I'm a cat person lol

Obviously, so am *I*!  :one

Alliecat wrote:
Local Brownie wrote:

But at the end of the day I'm a cat person lol

Obviously, so am *I*!  :one

Wow I wouldn't have guessed it  =P