Help with locating to Malta

Hello,

I have the chance to relocate to Malta, the salary is £40k per year.

I have been to Malta on numerous occasions but not for about 4 years.

I have 3 children, 2months, 5 & 9.

Can I please ask would I be able to live ok on the salary without my wife working?

Has Malta changed over the last 4 years ? Is so how ?

Also where would the best place to live for my wife as she doesn't drive and will have to keep the children occupied during school holidays.

From research I have completed I was looking at the south of the island as the job is in Marsa.

Thanks in advance

presumably 40k euro.  Living south at that income is probably pretty good.  Though not so much going on entertainment wise or good school wise.

Depends on what you want out of life, if you want a straight forward enjoyable life in a nice climate, you could live very well.
If you want to spend a fortune on schools, cars and going out then you won't have much left!  But either way you can be comfortable on that sort of money.
Also was that £40,000 or €40,000 at the moment £40,000 would be about €45,000, if we get back to pre Brexit levels in 2 or 3 years time it would be €55,000.

Ray

so long as you arent looking to rent a villa with a pool i should think you would live comfortably with that.

our household income is about 27,000 pounds per year and we live very comfortably, although we have just one child. our housing expenses are 620 per month and we live central in family sized home.
by the sea you will be looking at 1000 plus per month for a family sized home.
malta has gotten more full in the last 4 years and landlords have gotten greedy so it can be hard to find a fair deal in housing, but the company who is hiring should have contacts to help you with that.
i am living in marsa, on the hamrun side (marsa is a large locality) and its very accessible to most parts of the island by bus, its very close to valletta which often has free events on.

Thanks for everyone's help so far, could anyone recommend where the best public school is ?

Thanks

Mrbates wrote:

Thanks for everyone's help so far, could anyone recommend where the best public school is ?

Thanks

Schooling has been mentioned many times on here, please read through the previous posts and you will probably get your answer, if not feel free to ask. Good luck.

if you are into small class sizes Mtarfa is apparently very good, but you need to live in a loacality to use the local school, and most children in school in mtarfa would be maltese speaking only, i doubt many foreign kids would go there. and mtarfa is a small village and you definitely need a car to live there on the plus side it has great access to the north and south and is a beautiful and clean villiage.