Help

hello, please am new here and i will be coming to malta on sunday from italy, but i don't know any one, i want to start school on the nest academic year but frist i want to start work frist. I need help on how to go about it cause i don't even have any where to stay, and also how to find a job. Thanks a lot

Welcome on Expat.com Zuchia ;)

I hope that other members will respond to your queries soon. For job opportunities you can try your luck by inserting an advert on the jobs section of Malta Classifieds page.

Regards

hello,

Take hostel for few days when you will be arrived.

After go to Betclic, this company is based in the Tower, the only one tower of Malta, this is easy to find.

they need italian people for sure, so ask them and you will see.
There you will find others italians guys so ask them too to get some accomodations and place to share..

Cheers

thanks alot for wanting to help but am not a guy am a lady from nigeria but living in italy. Do any one know if there are any nigerian community there?

Hi Zuchia,

Welcome to the forum.

Please check out the residence and work permit requirements for non-EU citizens unless you already hold the necessary visa's and permits for the EU .

I'm sure there is a Nigerian community in Malta but I'm not aware of any details.

What school and work are you interested in ?

Regards
Ricky

hi riccky   i have italian stay permit and i want to do nursing and for job i can start with babysitting, waiter, and any other. Thanks

Hi Zuchia,

I saw your Classified so I wish you luck with you job search. Be aware that you still need a work permit to work in Malta. I'm not sure if your status from Italy gives you the same work rights as an EU citizen.In Malta even EU citizens need a work permit.

Jobs here in Malta are in short supply and low paid so I hope you find the right work.

Regards
Ricky

thank u ricky for the information, but please how can i go about the work permit?

work permit - you need to find a job, then your prospective employer applies for you

Hi Zuchia,

it depend's on your status. What does your residence permit allow you to do and how long is it valid ?

You will need an employer to apply for a work permit for you here in Malta. For EU citizens it is granted within one week.If you count as a third-country national it is a more difficult procedure.

Ricky

We are assuming you don't have an EU passport, married to an EU citizen, or in a long term relationship with an EU citizen

ok guys i have been in italy for 7years and i have permanent stay permit here and they said that i can stay in malta for 3months like the eu citizins.  so i do not need a visa to come there.

Hi Zuchia,

Thanks for the extra info.

Being able to come to Malta was not the issue, it is getting a work permit during the 3 months you are allowed to stay.

Please follow the previous posts on getting a work permit as a third-country national and the requirements to study in Malta. It can be very difficult to get a work permit within the 3 months for third-country nationals but I'm not sure if being a resident in Italy for 7 years makes it easier.

I wish you luck with your plans and join the Expat meetings to meet people and get tips.

Ricky

Hi Zuchia,

I managed to get some details on your specific case.

After being resident in Italy for 7 years you will have applied for and been granted long-term residency in Italy.

This also entitles you to change your residency to any other EU country with the national laws of the new eu country still applying to you ,to work or to study.

In the case of Malta you will need to have a job or be economically self-sufficient , have health insurance and appropriate accomodation to apply for residency. So your most important step will be dealing with the ETC and finding a job.

If you have residency in Malta for more than 5 years you can apply for long-term residency in Malta.

Hope this helps you a bit.
Ricky

ricky thanks a lot u are a good person. I apreciate ur help.

but ricky what is the meaning of E.T.C, thanks

The place to go for job offers and the one that will issue a work permit.

http://www.etc.gov.mt/

Ricky

I have a lot of experience with ETC...  Let me know if you run into difficulties with them.