Close

Searching for job in Mexico

Hello .
I'm Melina and I recently moved to Mexico. I'm here with a tourist visa . But soon I'll be  permanent . I'm joking for a job here but I have no idea where I should start looking . It's so hard to find a job when I'm not fluent in Spanish .  Can anyone  help me with that ?

What city in Mexico?

Hi oscar
I live in San Luis Potosí

Hi nice to meet you I live in Monterrey Mexico I think you can find better job here

Nice to meet u too :)
Yes I saw lots of opportunities there but sadly I can't move there :(

It's not too far away

Yea  it's like 2 hours drive from here . It was on the way when I was going to Guanajuato:)

Maybe more than 2 hours it's like 4 or 5 driving but it has more opportunities for artists as you

I'll think  about it more then . Cuz you're right in San Luis there are not much opportunities for artists. That's why  I'm considering other options. But if I want to continue my art I will for sure consider moving to León. Thanks

Hi Melina, I'm Jerry, I think you'll have more opportunities in the most important cities, Monterrey, Guadalajara or Mexico City, or in cultural Cities like Guanajuato

I hope we can keep in touch

Just a note, you aren't allowed to work with a tourist visa unless illegally and you normally can't have a permanent resident VISA unless you start the process in your home country or last resident country.

But, maybe I am wrong.

Adios y buena suerte, GyC.

Sure . We will be in touch .

Hi mexicogc
Oh my mistake I ment temporary . There is a way . Not for permanent visa but temporary staying permit. And it's already in process. I think it will be done in 2 month . I'm marrying my boyfriend who is here by working visa and his company managing the process for me to stay as long as his working here . I don't know if I'm allowed to work after that or not .

Hello merchge
Yes I heard about those cities and I'll have more opportunities there. But unfortunately i can't move to another city. :(

Expatriate health insurance in Mexico

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Mexico

Moving to Mexico

Find tips from professionals about moving to Mexico

Travel insurance in Mexico

Enjoy stress-free travel to Mexico

Flights to Mexico

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Mexico

2 million members!

Watch later