Foreignes marriage in Oman

Hiiii..
     How are you friends.I'm from Pakistan.I want to share my problem with all of you.I have a girlfriend here in oman. She from Philippines. She working in Muscat as a housemaid.I'm working here in a company..we love each other so much and want to get married in oman..so we want to know that how can we get married here in oman..what is the requirements.if anybody know about this..plz inform me. I'm very thankful to you..

Hi Imran rajput and welcome to Expat.com :)

Please feel free to have a look at this link : http://www.civilstatus.gov.om/english/s … eEntry.asp

Thanks,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi Imran rajput,

If you are planning to get married in Oman, then the wedding would have to be formalised in your Embassy. So you must first approach them with your request for marriage and the embassy would guide you on the various formalities and procedures required to be fulfilled before the wedding can be formalised.

Similarly, your girl friend must also contact her embassy in Oman and complete the required formalities. Once done, the marriage can be then be made legal.

Im a Filipina and I have an omani boyfriend. We would like to get married but I'm thinking is it okay for him to marry me outside Oman? I mean if it's possible in my country. But I don't want him to face some troubles if we come back in Oman after our marriage. Could someone give me some advice.

You are absolutely right,  he must first contact Pakistani embassy for a Noc certificate,  for Noc embassy enquired parents permission attested from foreign ministry in Islamabad

Girlinblack13 wrote:

Im a Filipina and I have an omani boyfriend. We would like to get married but I'm thinking is it okay for him to marry me outside Oman? I mean if it's possible in my country. But I don't want him to face some troubles if we come back in Oman after our marriage. Could someone give me some advice.

It will not be him who will face a problem, it will be YOU who may face a lot of consequences. My first and the foremost advice is if you're REALLY getting a legal marriage, get the documentation correctly in place because we have witnessed a lot of similar cases where the locals after coming back to Oman, deny the marriage and unfortunately the poor girl has to suffer many charges. It is not to discourage you but just to let you know the cons of such things. Best of luck

How old is your boyfriend? It he is above 40 years of age then he is allowed to marry a foreigner but he has to apply for a marriage permit in the ministry, if he will not get it then your wedding ceremony in the philippines is invalid and you will be living together in oman illegally.

There is no guarantee for any thing bare in mind

Just contact both of you in your embassies in Oman, they will guide you very well.