TB The Mantoux test and chest X ray for visa to Oman

Hello every one
I have question about the mantoux TB test , I am in process of a work visa :

My chest  X ray is clear and the doctor advised me to do not  do the  mantoux test because simply we are living in high TB incidence area and in more than 99 % of the population will get a positive test, even if he/she doest have active TB

any advise I am really stressed , if I leave it and just get all other blood test and X ray wont affect the VISA result ?   

Many thanks

Hi Bata Hiba,

There are two primary objectives behind checking the medical reports of the probable candidates prior to an employment visa can be issued ...

(1) To ensure that the candidate is physically fit to be in the Sultanate and is physically capable to effectively and efficiently undertake all the duties,

(2) That the candidate does not bring in some ('new') contagious disease with him / her from a foreign country and infect the otherwise healthy residents in the Sultanate.

What all tests need to be done are defined very clearly. If only you would read the numerous other posts on this subject already available in the forum, you would know the details clearly.

Well, what you are saying sounds rather strange. You say that you are living in a place where pretty much everyone would test positive for TB, but need not necessarily be active TB carriers ! In this time and age does such a place even exist ? Strange indeed.

Thanks for the reply
No it is not strange at all please read about latent TB / or about the Mantoux test per see .

Hello Sir , how r u ?
Are you living in oman?